• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

27,744 posts in this topic

On 10/3/2024 at 3:41 PM, Samlarn72 said:
On 9/25/2024 at 3:09 PM, Samlarn72 said:

Modern comics 25 

Ship from sweden 19 august 

Arrived at cgc 24 august 

SFG 25 august 

GEI ????

GEI today 3 oktober

:jawdrop:

On 10/3/2024 at 4:11 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 10/3/2024 at 3:41 PM, Samlarn72 said:
On 9/25/2024 at 3:09 PM, Samlarn72 said:

Modern comics 25 

Ship from sweden 19 august 

Arrived at cgc 24 august 

SFG 25 august 

GEI ????

GEI today 3 oktober

:jawdrop:

On 10/4/2024 at 11:17 AM, ChrispyC66 said:

(shrug)

His modern slow from August 25th just now went to GEI.

I had posted mentioning modern slow compared to vintage, but my moderns were received 9/20 😂 😆 I might as well just Furrrget abOuT it haha

On 10/4/2024 at 12:43 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I had posted mentioning modern slow compared to vintage, but my moderns were received 9/20 😂 😆 I might as well just Furrrget abOuT it haha

Yeah. My order arrived 8/19 and SFG on 8/22. I must be in the queue for the vacationing grader. :drool:

On 10/4/2024 at 1:19 PM, ChrispyC66 said:
On 10/4/2024 at 11:43 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yeah. My order arrived 8/19 and SFG on 8/22. I must be in the queue for the vacationing grader. :drool:

Lol I had pressing and was delivered late July to early August. Been times times and half a time feels like, but don't often do pressing, so what do "I" know ...

On 10/5/2024 at 6:11 PM, captainzombie said:

Has anyone ever had a submission change status on a Saturday, besides the one off SHIPPING? I had my one submission go to G/QC this morning. Have to wonder if they have people working today to get somewhat caught up.

I have in the past, but not this time, but it happens, and even shipped I believe but wouldn't guarantee it :cheers:

On 10/5/2024 at 4:11 PM, captainzombie said:

Has anyone ever had a submission change status on a Saturday, besides the one off SHIPPING? I had my one submission go to G/QC this morning. Have to wonder if they have people working today to get somewhat caught up.

No. Never. But it doesn't keep me from refreshing anyway. (shrug)

refresh3.gif.e97962b1e0491bd9c0e4af723f54b5e9.gif

On 10/5/2024 at 4:11 PM, captainzombie said:

I also had a shipment go to G/QC Saturday.  I had this happen once before as well but it is rare. 

The 9/30 vintage was resto removal from CCS that has been there for 6 months.  The recieved reset when it got to grading.

image.thumb.png.87126de7fb8458ade46fde1aaf5023e5.png

Edited by gooshball

Slightly off-topic.  My last few shipments used formed plastic padding instead of corrugated cardboard, but the last one was back to the cardboard.  Any idea what they are going to settle on?

On 10/7/2024 at 2:19 PM, kimik said:

Hopefully CGC is not impacted by Hurricane Milton. :wishluck:

Huge modern building well inland and high enough not to be seriously affected. Superficial damage maybe. TATs will be affected since they will be closed through it. But that's not really important considering what others in the area will be going through. Praying all will make it safely through this. Enough hurricanes already! :wavingwhiteflag:

On 9/10/2024 at 10:08 AM, Stefan_W said:

2 Vintage comics Pulp

Arrived at CGC - July 29

SFG - Aug 6

G/E/I - Sept 10

These Overstreet price guides changed categories a couple of times - sent them in as magazines, they were changed to comics, and then landed as pulp. Cost is the same regardless so that is more a CGC figuring out the right grading queue thing than anything else. Looking forward to seeing how they do. 

2 Vintage comics Pulp

Arrived at CGC - July 29

SFG - Aug 6

G/E/I - Sept 10

Q/C - Oct 7

Nice to see movement but definitely not expecting this to flip to shipped until the storm passes. I hope everyone at CGC stays safe. 

On 10/7/2024 at 2:45 PM, trademarkcomics said:

Huge modern building well inland and high enough not to be seriously affected. Superficial damage maybe. TATs will be affected since they will be closed through it. But that's not really important considering what others in the area will be going through. Praying all will make it safely through this. Enough hurricanes already! :wavingwhiteflag:

It's 10 miles from the coast and almost directly in the path of the eye hurricane. I think even the best buildings are going to take a beating against 150mph winds. I suspect it's going to be a month before things even get back to a sense of normalcy.