• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

Got my SDCC signed Moderns (no FT) books yesterday, and the grades made up for the wait time. :headbang:

I was pleasantly surprised by my first SS submissions too.

Anyone else think that the turnaround times have led to even looser grading?

Got my SDCC signed Moderns (no FT) books yesterday, and the grades made up for the wait time. :headbang:

I'm going to second this. I was expecting a few9.6's but got back all 9.8's except one. Books shipped this week from may...

I'm going to second this. I was expecting a few9.6's but got back all 9.8's except one. Books shipped this week from may...

No way. I think we're just totally awesome at grading moderns. :banana:

Based on my most recent subs, CGC seems to be right on target with the grades - if anything, they've tightened up a bit so 9.6/9.8 tweeners are hitting 9.6 more often than the other way around.

See e.g. my last two WD 33s at 9.6. One of which passed both the Fingh and MSchmidt pre-screen. :o

Based on my most recent subs, CGC seems to be right on target with the grades - if anything, they've tightened up a bit so 9.6/9.8 tweeners are hitting 9.6 more often than the other way around.

I can confirm this. My last sub had at least 3 9.6's that would've been 9.8's last year.

I can confirm this. My last sub had at least 3 9.6's that would've been 9.8's last year.

Yes my most recent moderns had mostly 9.6 while my moderns i sent beginning of the year were mostly 9.8!

See e.g. my last two WD 33s at 9.6. One of which passed both the Fingh and MSchmidt pre-screen. :o

You should have let Dre send them in, they would have been 11.0s :P

You should have let Dre send them in, they would have been 11.0s :P

Walking Dead covers aren't made out of cardboard.

Will CGC let you submit a pre-screen as a fast-track?

Yeah, but it won't be as fast as a regular fast-track (it'll still be significantly faster than a non-fast-tracked submission, though).

The rate at which uranium decays to a half life is significantly faster.

Anyone know where they're at with economy non-fast track?

I will never make the mistake of forgetting to fast track again. I'm stilling waiting on books from Wizard World Philly, which was in early June.

They're just now grading the books that arrived after the "10 Commandments Con" a few thousand years ago :insane: