• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,049 posts in this topic

Finally, my submission went to shipped/safe. Pretty happy with the grades overall. One has me puzzled. Thought it was a 9.8 and came back a 9.0. Can't wait to see what I missed, because apparently I missed something there. I was pretty spot on for the rest of the books, except that one.

Ended up with 4 9.8 and 2 9.6 and the 1 9.0.

Regarding the 9.0, look for staple issues, either cover or centerfold. These are so easy to miss.

No staples, it was The Killing Joke (7th Print). I did not see anything wrong with it when I looked it over before submitting. I thought it was one of the better books I sent in. It will be interesting to see what was missed or maybe it was damaged in transit or at the facility.

How long are fast tracks taking these days?

Tomorrow is the 10th day on my Modern FT. Still sitting at Graded.

Hopefully it will ship tomorrow. :wishluck:

Modern Fast Track Received 1/14/2012 shipped today :banana:

Mine was received the same day, so maybe it will ship tomorrow.

I wish I was one of the CGC Elite. :sorry:

Here's my Whiz #2 (#1) 10 day trek so far. I guess it's sitting in Memphis growing hair and fangs but at least it has a heartbeat. lol

USPS Registered Mail™

Depart USPS Sort Facility

January 26, 2013

MEMPHIS, TN 38101

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

January 26, 2013, 12:00 am

MEMPHIS, TN 38101

Depart USPS Sort Facility

January 19, 2013

SARASOTA, FL 34230

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

January 18, 2013, 1:43 pm

SARASOTA, FL 34230

How long are fast tracks taking these days?

Had one shipped today - it was received on the 14th, so 10 business days exactly.

Another one of the CGC Elite in front of me. :facepalm:

This is great info. I too have CIA on my collection, and will see about getting the FedEx account this week. I much prefer them over UPS for the ease of pickup if I miss the driver (have to drive 3x as far and deal with fewer lobby hours with UPS). This will probably net me the equivalent of a free grading or two a year with the savings from the sound of it, or make bumping to FT a wash. hm

If you have insurance from CI, Fedex is the only way to go - they only cover up to $2,500 for UPS shipments (no matter how it's sent through UPS), but go up to $60,000 for Fedex.

Can you provide the link to the CI insurance (I can't find any info to it)? Is it part of Fedex? Never thought there is a carrier cheaper than USP (within US)!!! Fedex ground is a way to go now for me. Thank you all for the info, such a great help.