• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,073 posts in this topic

Collector's Society Coupon (4 books with an estimated 15 business days turn-around):

Received/Verified on January 24 (business day 1)

Scheduled for Grading February 11 (business day 13)

Graded February 12 (business day 14)

Once they are "shipped/safe", I will update.

Collector's Society Coupon (4 books with an estimated 15 business days turn-around):

Received/Verified on January 24 (business day 1)

Scheduled for Grading February 11 (business day 13)

Graded February 12 (business day 14)

Shipped/Safe February 15 (business day 17)

Not bad!

So it seems that there's a difference between the amount of books sent in as well to determine when you'll get it back. Those that have sent 30 books are getting them back sooner than those that sent in under 10 books. Even though they are still both Modern Fast Tracks...lol

Tensions are escalating on both sides as the hostage crisis in Sarasota nears the six month mark.

After a show of good faith by the ruling faction, in which 30 of the 100 captives were released two weeks ago,

there has been no further word from the Sarasota compound.

Andrew Kolecter, spokesman for the hostage families, said

"It is time, past time, for the prisoners to be reunited with their loved ones.

We implore Commander George Corpato to accede to the wishes of the United Nations and release the hostages."

Tensions are escalating on both sides as the hostage crisis in Sarasota nears the six month mark.

After a show of good faith by the ruling faction, in which 30 of the 100 captives were released two weeks ago,

there has been no further word from the Sarasota compound.

Andrew Kolecter, spokesman for the hostage families, said

"It is time, past time, for the prisoners to be reunited with their loved ones.

We implore Commander George Corpato to accede to the wishes of the United Nations and release the hostages."

:o

I had four invoices from a pre-screen sub from 9/13/12 and for some reason 1 invoice still sits at graded. My last phone call to customer service was that they would try to send the last batch by the end of this week. The operative word is "try". Thanks a lot you customer friendly pleasing company. :boo:

I had four invoices from a pre-screen sub from 9/13/12 and for some reason 1 invoice still sits at graded. My last phone call to customer service was that they would try to send the last batch by the end of this week. The operative word is "try". Thanks a lot you customer friendly pleasing company. :boo:

Do, or do not. There is no try. ~ Yoda

A Value invoice dated 10/01/12 went to shipped today.

Another Value dated 09/24/12 is still showing graded.

In any case the first is right at 100 days, 20 days ahead of teh published schedule.

I did have an express last week that shipped in exactly 5 days.

I'm thinking about becoming a member of the CGC Collector's Society soon in order to get comic magazines graded, which have a considerably quicker turnaround time than comic books. However, I don't see myself being a member for longer than it takes to get those magazines graded because the turnaround times on comic books are so slow, especially for the combined price of membership and grading fees. It seems to me that membership is more beneficial to big-time comic sellers and collectors and not so beneficial to collectors on a tighter budget such as myself.

You can still submit books directly to CGC without being a member.

Follow the links to here.

You send your books directly to CGC and CGC ships them directly back to you.

The only drawback to this method is that you can't track your books online so you'll have to call CGC from time to time to find out the status of your submission.

Easy, peasy, and doesn't cost you a cent.

Thanks for the info.