• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,075 posts in this topic

Btw the grading seems to be very loose those days....worst books I subbed out of a bunch came back 9.8. Also the best books I sent in came back 9.6 or not graded.

All in same shipment.

No idea whether to be unhappy or happy........but I know I def am going to look over the books again and probably resub them.

It has been rainy here.......

Sent in 15 books on Modern Regular, shipped on 7/22, received on 7/25, verified on 9/16, scheduled for grading on 9/20.

Books were only marked "received" for so long, but now two status updates within a week have my hopes up... only to be dashed I'm sure. If I have them back by 10/22 I'll be satisfied.

I'll be in the same boat. I've got an 8/16 Modern sub SS'd in Chicago that has not progressed beyond received. I've stopped checking.

I sent a comic to pgx to try them out. Figured I'd at least get a 9.0 or better it came back a 7.0. Dumbfounded. So I sent it to CGC and got a 9.6wtf? So I feel you when you say you send in good ones and they come back low or vice versa. Guess it depends how the day is going for whoever is grading comics. But ill never use PGX again and it was a very fast turn around time but a 7.0 left a ?taste in my mouth

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say, nah, this did not happen.

I sent a comic to pgx to try them out. Figured I'd at least get a 9.0 or better it came back a 7.0. Dumbfounded. So I sent it to CGC and got a 9.6wtf? So I feel you when you say you send in good ones and they come back low or vice versa. Guess it depends how the day is going for whoever is grading comics. But ill never use PGX again and it was a very fast turn around time but a 7.0 left a ?taste in my mouth

Yep, without scans it definitely did not happen.

lol cool story bro (thumbs u

Did anyone submit books (value or economy) on or around 6/28/2013? I think I may be setting a new record for books scheduled to be graded. Just wondering where everyone else's books are sitting from that time frame. I believe I just finished week 7 in the SFG hell.

Did anyone submit books (value or economy) on or around 6/28/2013? I think I may be setting a new record for books scheduled to be graded. Just wondering where everyone else's books are sitting from that time frame. I believe I just finished week 7 in the SFG hell.
I subbed some economy prescreens 7/9 and they've been sitting at graded for 2 weeks or so. My modern prescreens from 7/9 are sitting at SFG.

Yep, without scans it definitely did not happen.

I'd love to see scans of a PGX 7.0 becoming a CGC 9.6

hmlol

I submitted a Signature Series on 6/28 (Economy, not fast tracked) at WWNY and the book was received 7/3/13. I didn't take note of the dates that it was verified and SFG, but its been "Graded" for about 2 weeks now with no status updates.

Sent in 15 books on Modern Regular, shipped on 7/22, received on 7/25, verified on 9/16, scheduled for grading on 9/20.

Books were only marked "received" for so long, but now two status updates within a week have my hopes up... only to be dashed I'm sure. If I have them back by 10/22 I'll be satisfied.

I'll be in the same boat. I've got an 8/16 Modern sub SS'd in Chicago that has not progressed beyond received. I've stopped checking.

My 8/16 non-FT modern sub from WW Chicago made it to Verified this afternoon (roughly 27 business days).

I subbed some economy prescreens 7/9 and they've been sitting at graded for 2 weeks or so. My modern prescreens from 7/9 are sitting at SFG.

My modern pre-screen late last week went from SFG to graded. Yours should be any day now.

6-28 invoice

2 quick questions:

1. Has anyone gotten any book back that were submitted at the Boston Comic Con? Or know where they stand in the process?

2. If your book was submitted at a Con and not under your own CGC membership number, how can you look at the status? When I try to use the on-line look-up, its states that "This invoice is owned by someone else." Do I have to call CGC to find out? Anybody have this situation before?