• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,129 posts in this topic

Hmm, that might be something to think about... selling 5-packs or 10-packs of: 1 Mylite2 & a Halfback with two sheets of MC paper (maybe three, one for the middle of the book) in a toploader.

hm

Do it up. Mylar rather than mylite though. I'll take a dozen (thumbs u

You mean 4-mil thick bags?

This might be something to seriously consider... let me do some maths.

-slym

Hmm, that might be something to think about... selling 5-packs or 10-packs of: 1 Mylite2 & a Halfback with two sheets of MC paper (maybe three, one for the middle of the book) in a toploader.

hm

Do it up. Mylar rather than mylite though. I'll take a dozen (thumbs u

You mean 4-mil thick bags?

-slym

I'm thinking the tapered edged open-top mylars. Not sure about the mil...., :insane:

Hmm, that is getting rather specific. I don't have a warehouse nor the cash to stock all the stuff for people to mix 'n match to make their own perfect combo.

Besides, what's wrong with a Mylar bag, acid-buffered board, and a top-loader?

:(

-slym

Hmm, that is getting rather specific. I don't have a warehouse nor the cash to stock all the stuff for people to mix 'n match to make their own perfect combo.

Besides, what's wrong with a Mylar bag, acid-buffered board, and a top-loader?

:(

-slym

I don't have a preference. I've read the thread with protective sleeves and stuff, but I just want something to protect my comic and look good while doing it. Haha

Beyonder, you don't know the differences in thickness?

1-mil is crinkly like cellophane

1.42, IDK, have never handled one

2-mil is like slightly stiff but still easily bendable/foldable

4-mil is tough stuff and some find it difficult to work with

If you already know this, I apologise in advance.

But seriously, I might just get some of what I suggested above and offer 5- & 10-packs.

hm

-slym

I don't have a preference. I've read the thread with protective sleeves and stuff, but I just want something to protect my comic and look good while doing it. Haha

So, I can mark you down for a 5-pack, then?

:lol:

Not yet, but if I decide to do this, I will let you know!

-slym

So, I can mark you down for a 5-pack, then?

:lol:

Not yet, but if I decide to do this, I will let you know!

-slym

Let me know if you do!

What date are they on for modern fast tracks? Can anyone confirm some shipped from late April?

From two or three weeks ago? lol

What date are they on for modern fast tracks? Can anyone confirm some shipped from late April?

I suppose it depends on your definition of late April and may be up to 4 weeks. Just looking for a gauge. What's the latest FT someone has as being shipped?

I suppose it depends on your definition of late April and may be up to 4 weeks. Just looking for a gauge. What's the latest FT someone has as being shipped?

My Modern FT from 04/23 Shipped today 05/16

Shouldn't CGC just hire more people. Isn't that what you do when your business gets bigger? I'd say either do that, or change the estimated turnarounds to the actual turnarounds and get rid of the FAKE numbers.

Shouldn't CGC just hire more people. Isn't that what you do when your business gets bigger? I'd say either do that, or change the estimated turnarounds to the actual turnarounds and get rid of the FAKE numbers.

LanceTX your right!!!!

I say that too but it seems people accept CGC's bad way of off estimates and fastracking....

Hire and train more people, otr adjust your "Fastrack" times to double of what you are saying.....

I cant imagine if the stock market did trades and we settle in 3 days and decide to deliver in 2 or 3 weeks late...

The Uniform Securities Act(USA) and FINRA and NASAA would not accept this practice.......

They have.

Go back in this thread approximately 11 months ago and look at what the ToT were back then.

You'll also hear people saying the exact same thing you're saying.

CGC received my 4 of my books (standard submissions) today. Let's see how long this takes.

Moved from Verified status to Scheduled for Grading status today!

Moved from Scheduled to Grading/Quality Control status today!

Moved to Shipped/Safe status today! Books coming back are Batman 189, Sub-Mariner 6, X-Men 14, and Uncanny X-Men 142. Not exactly the grades I was hoping for, but still pretty good IMO, I'll post em in the back from CGC thread when they arrive.