• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,129 posts in this topic

It's pretty awesome! No sympathy for flippers here, BTW. That's like feeling bad for the IRS...

Yeah "F" the flippers....you need to schedule your selling around CGC's messed up schedule, not count your eggs before they hatch....

They recently drug tested all the employees at CGC, and the one drug that was not detected was Speed :applause:

It's pretty awesome! No sympathy for flippers here, BTW. That's like feeling bad for the IRS...

Yeah "F" the flippers....you need to schedule your selling around CGC's messed up schedule, not count your eggs before they hatch....

They recently drug tested all the employees at CGC, and the one drug that was not detected was Speed :applause:

lol

3/11/13 Modern submission went to Shipped/Safe today. Grades are in, went 18 for 20 on 9.8s. Only one of them has me puzzled.

Star Wars - 1 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Saga - 1 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Saga - 1 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Saga - 2 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Saga - 3 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Saga - 4 -Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Saga - 5 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Saga - 6 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Saga - 7 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Saga - 7 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE - Ghost Variant Cover

Saga - 8 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Saga - 9 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Saga - 10 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Revival - 1 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Nowhere Men - 1 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Peter Panzerfaust - 1 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Peter Panzerfaust - 2 - Modern - 9.2 - WHITE - I thought this was actually nicer than the #1. Have to see what I missed on it.

Peter Panzerfaust - 3 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Peter Panzerfaust - 8 - Modern - 9.8 - WHITE

Peter Panzerfaust - 9 - Modern - 9.6 - WHITE - Not too upset on this one, but, I thought it would be a 9.8.

As a collector im only CGCing key Bronze and Silver and Golden...

i dont get it about slabbing moderns...in 50 years they will still be worth nothing (not all of them but the majority) but god bless CGC and America

i dont see any purpose of preserving a brand new book as opposed to Gold and Silver and Bronze...

of course there are always exceptions :)

Because some people who collect moderns and slab them don't want them to look like a lot Bronze, Silver, and Golden age comics after 50 years.

I'd say the only real preservation involved is the physical aspect. The plastic case is strong enough to protect the book from corner bumps, bent spines, etc. The inner well is not archival safe.

The inner well is made from Barex and is archival-safe.

Does it make sense that 2 of my 3 books arrived almost a week ago, and the one book I submitted for SS still hasn't shown up?

2 books were on one ticket as blue labels

1 book was on its own as a SS. It's still not shown up.

I'd say the only real preservation involved is the physical aspect. The plastic case is strong enough to protect the book from corner bumps, bent spines, etc. The inner well is not archival safe.

Are you sure? I was under the impression Barex was not regarded as being 100% archival safe.

I can see the resto-check being worth it, but were I sure of that myself, I'd go with Microchamber paper, Mylite2s, Half-backs, and a 4-mil toploader for preservation.

Now, for the rest of this thread - :popcorn:

-slym

Are you sure? I was under the impression Barex was not regarded as being 100% archival safe.

It's completely inert :thumbsup:

Which doesn't mean that it's a good a storage environment as, say, inside a mylar with a buffered acid-free backing board and easy access to change the microchamber paper every decade or so. But the CGC holder in no way aids in the degradation of paper.

I can see the resto-check being worth it, but were I sure of that myself, I'd go with Microchamber paper, Mylite2s, Half-backs, and a 4-mil toploader for preservation.

Now, for the rest of this thread - :popcorn:

-slym

Is there anywhere to buy this stuff not in bulk? I have an ASM 14 that I bought trimmed, so I don't want to get it graded. On the other hand, I don't need 25-50 of everything you listed lol

Hmm, that might be something to think about... selling 5-packs or 10-packs of: 1 Mylite2 & a Halfback with two sheets of MC paper (maybe three, one for the middle of the book) in a toploader.

hm

-slym

Hmm, that might be something to think about... selling 5-packs or 10-packs of: 1 Mylite2 & a Halfback with two sheets of MC paper (maybe three, one for the middle of the book) in a toploader.

hm

-slym

Do it up. Mylar rather than mylite though. I'll take a dozen (thumbs u

hm

-slym

I've thought about posting a WTB for some...