• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
78 78

27,571 posts in this topic

16 Pre-Screen Modern Sent from Canada:

Mailed: 07/12/24

Delivered: 07/22/24

Scanned: 07/23/24

SFG: 07/24/24

Variants Updated: 08/02/24 

GEI:  08/06/24

G/QC:  ? ?

Still unchanged.  Approx 12 buisness days total now.  Hopefully I wont stay stuck in GEI for too long like other comments here.  

On 8/12/2024 at 11:09 AM, CitrusZ28 said:

30 book Vintage bulk order-

• Delivered to CGC 8/25/24

• Scheduled for Grading 8/25/24, no movement

If you can see into the future, when will my Vintage ship out?

No movement on my 7/18 Vintage Bulk is in Scheduled for Grading but my 7/26 Bulk sportcard submission is past the turnaround time. Don't know if the hurricane and the National have pushed back turnaround times for them.

Vintage Bulk subs slowly crawling along…

Vintage Bulk - 25 books

7/12 - Arrived CGC

7/16 - Scheduled For Grading

8/9 - Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

Vintage Bulk + CCS - 22 books

7/12 - Arrived CGC

7/16 - Received at CCS

7/17 - CCS in Process

Vintage Bulk + CCS + JSA - 1 book

7/12 - Arrived CGC

7/16 - Received at CCS

7/22 - CCS in Process 

8/2 - Scheduled for Grading

8/9 - Grading/Encapsulation/Imaging

On 8/9/2024 at 7:58 PM, electricprune said:

Joe, I didn’t know you got your CDL and we’re doing LTL shipments. Congrats.

Almost. I have a Volvo SUV. Filled up the back area and back seat. 

Okay.  So, I freely admit I am faaaar from what any normal human being would call "patient"....except my doctor:drumroll: .

Seriously, though:  it NEVER takes long for my books to get from my house to CGC.  I've always thought it helped drastically that I'm only a handful of hours away.  At least that's how it's always turned out prior-to.

But this last batch of 22 books was shipped from my local p.o. in Saint Mary's, GA on the 2nd of this month and arrived at the USPS facility in Sarasota almost exactly two days later on the 4th.

Less than an hour after it arrived there, it "Arrived at Hub"; also in the same Sarasota zip code.  It has been sitting there ever since.  Over a f&cking week now :frustrated:!!

Just what f&cking "hub" are we talking about?  Practical sense says the post office's hub.  Or is this actually CGC's hub "preparing" for delivery??

I sincerely feel like this is yet one more boob-up from the post office (there have been FAR too many as of late for my shipment's out-going as well as in-coming); but I'd really appreciate it if ANYone here can shed a different light on it for me.

Thanks in advance,

-TRM

On 8/12/2024 at 5:17 PM, TRMN8R5 said:

Okay.  So, I freely admit I am faaaar from what any normal human being would call "patient"....except my doctor:drumroll: .

Seriously, though:  it NEVER takes long for my books to get from my house to CGC.  I've always thought it helped drastically that I'm only a handful of hours away.  At least that's how it's always turned out prior-to.

But this last batch of 22 books was shipped from my local p.o. in Saint Mary's, GA on the 2nd of this month and arrived at the USPS facility in Sarasota almost exactly two days later on the 4th.

Less than an hour after it arrived there, it "Arrived at Hub"; also in the same Sarasota zip code.  It has been sitting there ever since.  Over a f&cking week now :frustrated:!!

Just what f&cking "hub" are we talking about?  Practical sense says the post office's hub.  Or is this actually CGC's hub "preparing" for delivery??

I sincerely feel like this is yet one more boob-up from the post office (there have been FAR too many as of late for my shipment's out-going as well as in-coming); but I'd really appreciate it if ANYone here can shed a different light on it for me.

Thanks in advance,

-TRM

When you ship to the PO box it is still delivered to CGC even though USPS is odd about how it shows up in their tracking. Boxes are currently taking over a week to open which is the lingering effect of San Diego Comic Con, where they are slammed with submissions. 

On 8/12/2024 at 5:48 PM, Stefan_W said:

When you ship to the PO box it is still delivered to CGC even though USPS is odd about how it shows up in their tracking. Boxes are currently taking over a week to open which is the lingering effect of San Diego Comic Con, where they are slammed with submissions. 

So, your take is it's actually at CGC?  NOT still sitting in a corner of a USPS hub??

I'd certainly like to believe that's true.  If the books are actually at CGC, I have no major concerns.  

My concern is that they're still sitting in a dark, lonely corner at a USPS hub :taptaptap: .

On 8/12/2024 at 3:00 PM, TRMN8R5 said:

So, your take is it's actually at CGC?  NOT still sitting in a corner of a USPS hub??

I'd certainly like to believe that's true.  If the books are actually at CGC, I have no major concerns.  

My concern is that they're still sitting in a dark, lonely corner at a USPS hub :taptaptap: .

I've had this happen to me as well. It got added to the status area after a few days. I'd give it another week or so.

On 8/12/2024 at 6:45 PM, FigaroToe said:

I've had this happen to me as well. It got added to the status area after a few days. I'd give it another week or so.

Roger that.  Not out of the "norm" now, apparently.  I'll let it ride another week before I start breakin' stuff, I guess.

Thanks for the input, fellas.

Edited by TRMN8R5