• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

I have about 4000 that I have to decide what to do with. They are all 1977-1983... almost everything is 9.4 or greater (most never opened). The question is ... Is there a market for non-key copies of ROM, Ms. Marvel, Nova, Spectacular SM, Red Sonja, Battlestar Galactica, Spider-Woman, Firestorm, Black Panther, Machine Man, Micronauts, Star Trek and What If? I have sent most of the #1s in for SS or grading, but some of the others are not listed as frequently on the CGC Census.
Black panther seems to be warming up. There's a market for a lot of stuff. It just might have to sit awhile to find the right collector for it.

It does. I have sent out most of the 9.8 potential candidates out for SS. I would love to know if Frank Thorne is still signing comics. He is one of my favorite artists. He is 86 and lives somewhere in the NJ area and I know he has not signed for a while, but Frank you are amazing! Time marches on though.

Edited by Ron C.

Looks like 1 of my SDCC invoices are in the system. Yay! Hope the rest follow shortly thereafter.

SDCC MFT Sig Series (25 books)

Received: 8/3

Verified: 8/9

Scheduled for Grading: 8/16

Graded: 8/23

Quality Control: 8/25

Shipped: 8/29

Looks like things are moving along. Every week there seems to be progress. Hoping it moves from Scheduled for Grading to Graded a lot sooner. Maybe this week? :wishluck:

Keeping the trend alive for updating my books once a week. If this keeps up, I'll have my books in 2 weeks. Fingers crossed for an early September ship date.

Wow! Moved to Graded/Quality Control today... Hope to get my grades soon.

And it's been shipped... So, now I wait for USPS to deliver them to me. Happy with the grades I received for a number of signed SDCC and Rebirth books.

I asked about my heroes con sub:

Good Afternoon. I see we got your submission in on 6/30 under our Modern tier of service which is running around 3.5 months right now. I would expect these to ship back to you around the middle of October.

Comics sent Modern Slow Track rec'd 6/7 still "Scheduled for Grading". I was told they were graded sometime in July, but there is quite a back-up for encapsulation. Still looking at 3 1/2 months for Modern non-FT, 4 1/2 months for Value ST. Hopefully soon.

Six MFT dropped off at SDCC were delevered by Fed ex yesterday. I'm still waiting for a single SS book done the same day.

I think it's being delivered today.

This is the longest I've ever waited after SDCC for a MFT invoice.

Comics sent Modern Slow Track rec'd 6/7 still "Scheduled for Grading". I was told they were graded sometime in July, but there is quite a back-up for encapsulation. Still looking at 3 1/2 months for Modern non-FT, 4 1/2 months for Value ST. Hopefully soon.

My 21 values received 7/5, have been scheduled for grading for 2 weeks - meaning waiting to be encapsulated. Customer svc estimated November before shipped.

They need to speed up the encapsulation process - I mean, my books are just sitting there graded...waiting! But why do it if they aren't losing business? I've only used your grading service CGC, but more competition would help this.