• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,948 posts in this topic

Several books sub'd at Awesome Con in June 10 and Just got out of "verified" and yesterday turned "scheduled for grading". CGC's invoice date was two weeks past the physical submittal date. Fast track pressed.

I have a 1 book submittal from Amazing Con June 24 (two weeks after Awesome Con) and that book - fast tracked press - is in Grading/QC since this Monday.

The one book sub seem to take less time.

On 6/21/2017 at 1:59 PM, Transplant said:

You're seeing current TATs, but you're not seeing (unless you go to the pdf with prices, etc.) the "normal" estimated TATs.  And the pdf doesn't even have an estimated "normal" TAT for Moderns at all.

I agree with CGC, myself and others have been telling them that for years.   Who cares about estimated.  All is needed is Current.

On 7/26/2017 at 3:45 PM, netherxvoid said:

just called to inquire about 19 book modern order 6/26 was received and verified and nothing since, was told going to be about another 4-6 weeks.  (at the time TAT was 25 days). When asked for an explanation was told they are backed up and just to wait and is there anything else i can help you with.

update, went from verified straight to  graded since tuesday 8/1 i hope it keeps moving

Well modern slow is what you get when you go cheap so I guess I'll get them when I get them but whoa I nearly got whiplash with the one Express submission I sent in.  Submitted Saturday July 22 at SDCC and had to go the express route due to the insured value. It was sent to CCS for a press as well. Checked the website and nothing for a week and a half and then I got a flurry of notifications within the last few days.  I got the return shipping notification August 4 before they had updated the website invoice on the grade.  It went through Grading and QC in 2 days.  I got the grade last night online but the book will be here in 2 days.  The press and the cost of express tier were well worth it and paid for by the grade bump it received.  :banana:

The modern and economy slow tiers are still at CCS for pressing...

Some of this makes no sense. 6 lots went in the same day, right before the price change. All were "value". 1 arrived last Monday, one last Tues. One is scheduled for tomorrow and 2 on Tues. the last one, is the one that was not verified for weeks. It's there, somewhere, but has not been graded yet.

You'd think they'd keep them together :shrug:

It would be nice to only have to be around 1 day to receive them.

I wonder if cgc would consider adding a mobile option to their grading pressing operation kind of like food trucks or perhaps even franchising locations in different cities.

I'm only half joking here but I could see both the benefits and serious issues with that.

MODERN SLOW - Books dropped off at CGC on 6/30 was on Verified that same day.

ON  8/4   3 sets of 25 books each are Scheduled For Grading now.

UPDATED TODAY 8/7/17

8/7/17 - 3 set that were on Scheduled for grading now show GRADED.

1 set still on Scheduled for grading.

31 minutes ago, somewhereintexas said:

They must be crushed with submissions from SDCC.  I have a FT Signature Series modern that has been sitting at "Received" since 7/25.

I finally emailed the cgc facilitator who handled my SS books at sdcc to get an idea of where my books are or at least get an invoice number as I mailed them off. They haven't gotten back to me yet, I post because some facilitators might not have sent them off yet... So there might be more sdcc books to come, unless they dropped them off at the con. That makes me wonder why I don't have an invoice number yet...

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I finally emailed the cgc facilitator who handled my SS books at sdcc to get an idea of where my books are or at least get an invoice number as I mailed them off. They haven't gotten back to me yet, I post because some facilitators might not have sent them off yet... So there might be more sdcc books to come

:whatthe:

Mine was from SDCC, and I imagine there are a bunch of books that were "received" on 7/25.  I have never had a FT book take this long to move from "received" to "verified."  They usually move to verified within a few days of being received.

1 minute ago, somewhereintexas said:

Mine was from SDCC, and I imagine there are a bunch of books that were "received" on 7/25.  I have never had a FT book take this long to move from "received" to "verified."  They usually move to verified within a few days of being received.

Well I did it under his account, so I tried to be patient to email. It's been 2 weeks and that is time enough I'd think, they did get back to me and forwarded my email to their "cgc guy", so I'll get the invoice number. I did all this today, so give it time. The reason I say more to come is, this facilitator had about 5000 books, and I don't know how many were done under "his account" or how many were done under fans who might have already filled out the forms and such. Just saying that there may be facilitators that had to wait to get them to CGC.

13 hours ago, somewhereintexas said:

Value submission

Dropped off 6-17-17 at AwesomeCon

Received 6-29-17 and still sitting in received

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:39 PM, somewhereintexas said:

They must be crushed with submissions from SDCC.  I have a FT Signature Series modern that has been sitting at "Received" since 7/25.

Still sitting at Received.  :pullhair:

By my count, today is the 11th business day since 7/25.  They're going to need to put things in overdrive to have it out the door by the 13th business day, which is the current TAT on the website.