• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,949 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, elove said:

Value submission

Dropped off 6-17-17 at AwesomeCon

Received 6-29-17 and still sitting in received

Anyone else who used the Value Tier in the same boat as me?

My 40 time is faster than Value turnarounds. That's not good. Honestly though, I'd call to just make sure the sub is accounted for. They can, and almost always do, at least move a sub to verified asap so they can charge you. I have a small Value sub from 7-11 that went to Verified almost immediately.

On 7/28/2017 at 1:14 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

value does have a longer TAT than most other's..... But good point a lot of people have been reporting TAT's starting with "verified" when the TAT's clock starts ticking at "recieved" :) 

I had one sitting at received since the end of May. It was verified about a week ago.

Wow - things sure have slowed down a bunch.  I was getting back large modern prescreen batches in a month over the winter. 

16 minutes ago, vitacura said:

First time submitting comics for grading. 10 modern issues (Regular Track) submitted via Express Drop off at Tampa Comic Con.

Dropped off at Con: 7/29

Received and Verified: 8/1

Awesome that they got there the day after the con :) cool!

I had some signed at SDCC, and one was a magazine, which normally takes longer. I mention it because they probably got ton's of books from SDCC and related recent con's, and I'll be impressed if they even somewhat keep on target TAT.

21 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Awesome that they got there the day after the con :) cool!

I had some signed at SDCC, and one was a magazine, which normally takes longer. I mention it because they probably got ton's of books from SDCC and related recent con's, and I'll be impressed if they even somewhat keep on target TAT.

:bigsmile: Yes, probably helped that the Con was just an hour north of Sarasota! Now the waiting..

Update: 10 book modern reg track
6/21: Received and Verified
7/27: Scheduled for Grading
7/28: Graded
8/1: Grading/Quality Control
8/2: Shipped/Safe

My 2 "sure thing" 9.8 or betters came back 9.8 as predicted.
The 9.6/9.8 toss ups ended up: 2 @ 9.8, 3 @ 9.6.  
One book hit 9.0 as predicted. 

Grading is still tight, but seems especially accurate to me in the 9.0 - 9.4 range IMO over the last few months.  Seeing more 9.6s than ever, but I've also been submitting more older modern books than I was in my earlier submissions. 

On 7/21/2017 at 10:37 AM, Patrick7219 said:

Slabs will arrive wednesday the 26th. Did not look at the grades i'll let CGC surprise me ?

The whole thing took a bit longer then 2months, shipping from/Arriving in The Netherlands.

Not a bad turnaround. 

18 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

I had one sitting at received since the end of May. It was verified about a week ago.

Eight weeks from received to verified?  You gotta start using less tape on your packages, so it doesn't take so long to open them. :)

31 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Eight weeks from received to verified?  You gotta start using less tape on your packages, so it doesn't take so long to open them. :)

LOL...if there was too much tape, blame Joey. He brought the packages.