• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,951 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

did you peek? Hope your satisfied with the grades when you get them for such a long wait :wishluck::foryou:

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Noob.  He won't know until it's shipped.:baiting:

lol  I will look when the status changes to shipped.  Not going to pick up the phone and call.   Hope it's not another 10 days until shipped though..

On 11/21/2017 at 11:26 AM, wombat said:

Magazine economy. 39 business days since verified. 15 days sitting at scheduled for grading. 

Still at scheduled for grading. Should i be concerned? It seems to move fast for everyone else when it gets to that point. 

Modern Signature Series + QuickPress (2 Books)
Rec-CCS 10/12/17
At CCS 10/16/17
Received CGC 10/31/17
Verififed 11/10/17
SFG 11/14/17
Graded 11/14/17
QC 11/22/17
Shipped 11/27/17

Modern (24 Books)
Received CGC 11/02/17
Verififed 11/02/17
SFG 11/17/17
Graded 11/20/17
QC 11/22/17
Shipped 11/27/17

Modern (25 Books)
Received CGC 11/02/17
Verififed 11/02/17
SFG 11/16/17
Graded 11/17/17
QC 11/27/17
Shipped 11/28/17

Modern (25 Books)
Received CGC 11/02/17
Verififed 11/02/17
SFG 11/20/17
Graded 11/20/17
QC 11/22/17
Shipped 11/27/17

6 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Both subs updated to shipped safe today 11/29!!!  @1950's war comics I didn't peek this time, gonna let it be a surprise.  lol

Good Job ! and also when you get your box at home ,... limit yourself to looking at only one or two per day to draw out the anticipation and excitement !

also when you look at the each CGC comic cover up the corner with your hand and spend time looking at it and try to guess the grade before the reveal !!

12 minutes ago, szavisca said:

5 value

9/19 verified

12/1 scheduled for grading 

53 business days (minus thanksgiving and whatever convention fridays they took off)

Can anyone  experienced with value submissions give me a typical range how long stuff sits at scheduled for grading?

much appreciated

When was your submission entered as received?

43 minutes ago, szavisca said:

5 value

9/19 verified

53 business days (minus thanksgiving and whatever convention fridays they took off)

Can anyone  experienced with value submissions give me a typical range how long stuff sits at scheduled for grading?

much appreciated

Things usually move quickly after the scheduled for grading.  I'd think they would get shipped by the middle of next week.  I'm about a week later then you (9/28) so my fingers are still crossed for shipping before Christmas.

1 hour ago, szavisca said:

5 value

9/19 verified

much appreciated

Last 3 value submissions :

Invoice date - 6/9/17         Shipped date - 8/17/17

Invoice date - 7/7/17         Shipped date - 9/20/27

Invoice date - 8/25/17       Shipped date - 11/9/17

52 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Things usually move quickly after the scheduled for grading.  I'd think they would get shipped by the middle of next week.  I'm about a week later then you (9/28) so my fingers are still crossed for shipping before Christmas.

Same here

Modern press and grade

Submitted at SF Con - 9/1

Made it to Florida - 9/7

Finally "At CCS" (and invoiced) - 11/27

A little slow, I think.  Anyone want to predict how long this  modern press and grade submission takes?  I'm exactly 3 months in today.

16 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Modern press and grade

Submitted at SF Con - 9/1

Made it to Florida - 9/7

Finally "At CCS" (and invoiced) - 11/27

A little slow, I think.  Anyone want to predict how long this  modern press and grade submission takes?  I'm exactly 3 months in today.

Wow - almost 3 months to get to the received point at CCS?  That is a quite a back up in books waiting to get squished.

4 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I'm still at scheduled for grading since November 1st on an economy magazine submission. 

As of today 12/1

Fast Track Economy Received 11/17 Verified
Modern                       Received 11/17 SFG

Thought it was interesting the Modern books moved to SFG ahead of the Economy since with FT the Economy books are supposed to take less time. 

Anyone have an explanation for why a modern book takes 27 business days (usually less from what I'm seeing) and a Value submission takes 55 - 60 business days?  The number of modern books is probably a ton higher and is probably their bread and butter so is there more people designated for that task and the value group is the red-haired step child.  I'm assuming newer books get a quick restoration check but I'd think older books would take a bit more time to check everything out but if both books (modern and value) have a max value of $200 there should really be no additional steps necessary which would take over twice as long.  My gut tells me they don't want everyone to switch over from Economy to Value so they make that service extra slow.  Economy is running at a bit over a month and the only difference between it and Value is the $200 in extra value (and the extra $11 in fees). 

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Anyone have an explanation for why a modern book takes 27 business days (usually less from what I'm seeing) and a Value submission takes 55 - 60 business days?  The number of modern books is probably a ton higher and is probably their bread and butter so is there more people designated for that task and the value group is the red-haired step child.  I'm assuming newer books get a quick restoration check but I'd think older books would take a bit more time to check everything out but if both books (modern and value) have a max value of $200 there should really be no additional steps necessary which would take over twice as long.  My gut tells me they don't want everyone to switch over from Economy to Value so they make that service extra slow.  Economy is running at a bit over a month and the only difference between it and Value is the $200 in extra value (and the extra $11 in fees). 

And the time when we submitted our value submission, the timeframe on the CGC website wasnt at 60 days. It was at the time of submission, I believe, 40 days. The change in timeframe was done a few weeks after our submissions were received. I have Christmas presents in my submission and was hoping to get them in the 40 day timeframe. Looks like I might have to put I.O.U.'s under the tree.

Edited by elove
Added content