• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,947 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2019 at 4:20 PM, ExacRan said:

oh man I will never use usps for cgc ever again. I live about 3-4 hours from cgc HQ. The package got shipped 8/15/2019 it got to Miami at 5:30 pm 8/16/2019 about 30 min from where I live and it stayed there until today 8/20/2019 and all of a sudden I get a message saying delivery attempted at 1:35pm (who is ever at home at this hour on a work day???) They gave no warning no out for delivery nothing. So now I have to pick it up in the morning before i go to work. :(

UPS got it to me the next day when i went with them. So I guess I will stick with UPS from now on.

Be careful switching to UPS, I know my insurance co won't cover the loss if I use them. 

re: carriers

I'll use UPS/FedEx for small or cheap batches - USPS for large or expensive batches, because of insurance reasons.

re: submitting at cons

I've never done it, so I have no experience. But I've always thought it was more likely for the books to be damaged if submitting at cons due to more people handling them. (Maybe I just have trust issues, but I wouldn't trust just anyone to pack up my books)

On 8/23/2019 at 11:08 AM, gadzukes said:

My "economy tier" batch of 17 comics shows shipped today, but when I click on the submission to look at the grades all it shows me is zero for all the grades.  It shows me all of the graders notes but no grades.  I wonder if someone just forgot to enter the data?

Maybe they are all coming back 0.0.  

On 8/23/2019 at 9:23 AM, skypinkblu said:

Be careful switching to UPS, I know my insurance co won't cover the loss if I use them. 

Any movement on your value sub(s)?

At 95 business days, I just didn't know where were at with them...

Are value at the end of April seeing movement now? :wishluck: 

Edit: lol Probably too soon to ask :sorry: but thought, maybe :wishluck: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 8/19/2019 at 11:35 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 8/15/2019 at 3:34 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Modern non fast track

9 books

Received 7/23 

"SFG" I believe 7/23

GRADING QUALITY CONTROL 8/15

Today :whee:

ship today August 19th 

Arrived safe today! August 26th, long weekend though lol

38 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Any movement on your value sub(s)?

At 95 business days, I just didn't know where were at with them...

Are value at the end of April seeing movement now? :wishluck: 

Edit: lol Probably too soon to ask :sorry: but thought, maybe :wishluck: 

They went to grading/quality control Friday I called this morning to get an idea of the time because I probably won't be home when they were going to deliver. Sounds like maybe another 10 days? Maybe? They don't know. She said I have to understand that the place is like Amazon.

Amazon? maybe they are thinking of THE Amazon...the one with water;)

Just now, skypinkblu said:

They went to grading/quality control Friday I called this morning to get an idea of the time because I probably won't be home when they were going to deliver. Sounds like maybe another 10 days? Maybe? They don't know. She said I have to understand that the place is like Amazon.

Amazon? maybe they are thinking of THE Amazon...the one with water;)

lol no worries, at least there is something to "track" so to speak or movement, that's at least something :foryou: 

But My modern spent 3-4 days at QC, but 10? dang :ohnoez: that really is THE Amazon ha.

4 minutes ago, wombat said:
9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't believe so...

That's just discrimination. 

lol yeppers, I remember looking for it myself, there were rumors that they only set the slab machine for mag's once or twice a month, if true it would make sense why there is no fast-track.....

But if it isn't true, I haven't found fast-track for mag's :( 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol yeppers, I remember looking for it myself, there were rumors that they only set the slab machine for mag's once or twice a month, if true it would make sense why there is no fast-track.....

But if it isn't true, I haven't found it :( 

So a magazine can be delayed by 2-4 weeks waiting for the slab machine? I kind of wish I didn't know that.