• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
79 79

26,947 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Martian Manhunter said:

My comics sat in their mailing box for 2 weeks before they ever got into "receiving". 

This definitely needs improvement. I want to send a couple of books via the Walkthrough service, where they are supposedly graded the same day as received. However, having them sit in CGC's mailing room for 2 weeks, defeats the purpose. Books need to be marked as received within 3 business days tops (after being picked up).

12 hours ago, electricprune said:

27 Book Modern  2 Value

7-10 Shipped from Ann Arbor USPS Priority

7-14 Arrives at distribution center in Coppell, TX. Because it was on the way.

7-18 Available for pick up (Saturday)

7-20 Picked Up by CGC

7-28 Received

7-31 2 Value  SFG I don't know why I can't get it out of my head that not all 25 cent covers are '75 or later. Had two in the sub that were switched to Value that were late '74.

8-3 2 Two Value G/QC

8-6 Two value books. Shipped

•  

That is crazy fast.  Good news as I has 25 Value books received today. 

32 minutes ago, skybolt said:

This definitely needs improvement. I want to send a couple of books via the Walkthrough service, where they are supposedly graded the same day as received. However, having them sit in CGC's mailing room for 2 weeks, defeats the purpose. Books need to be marked as received within 3 business days tops (after being picked up).

CGC does advise to write the "walk-through" tier on the outside of the box, they suggest this when you get your "how to ship email", as these will be opened first.....

I agree it can be aggravating, but hope this helps :shy: 

17 hours ago, thegiftedone45 said:

I live in North Carolina does anyone know how long it should be till I get my book back?

Depends on carrier. UPS/FedEx should be within 1-4 business days. From experience, FedEx shipping tier will do a "business" delivery between like 8a-6p M-F. No weekends. AND won't allow re-route to a new destination, like work. So if not home to get it, you'll have to call and ask to hold at the nearest distribution hub for will-call pickup <-- been there. It's a normal thing to do, but still a PITA    

If it's USPS, then I'd assume same 1-4 business days, but way things have been going with their slowdown/change in package handling, it could be 2 weeks. 

25 Value Received today and went right to Scheduled For Grading today. 

That's nuts.  But you never know. I was scheduled for  'not drinking' tonight......and guess what!!  

And we're done!   

6x Modern Sub (no addl svcs)
Delivered: 6/29
CGC Received: 7/1
CGC Charged: 
SFG: 8/5
Grading/QC: 8/6
F/I/S: 8/10

Membership renewed during this sub with the Credit so I don't know if I'll be charged. Does the credit cover shipping? If it doesn't, I would assume, I'll be charged the S&H tonite in overnight processing. 
Now to wait for the next sub that was delivered over the weekend to be entered into the waiting queue. 

2 hours ago, Jaywalker0 said:

And we're done!   

6x Modern Sub (no addl svcs)
Delivered: 6/29
CGC Received: 7/1
CGC Charged: 
SFG: 8/5
Grading/QC: 8/6
F/I/S: 8/10

Membership renewed during this sub with the Credit so I don't know if I'll be charged. Does the credit cover shipping? If it doesn't, I would assume, I'll be charged the S&H tonite in overnight processing. 
Now to wait for the next sub that was delivered over the weekend to be entered into the waiting queue. 

1) you should have been "charged" upon receiveing, so double check

2) the credit only covers the grading tier costs, so no shipping or $5 processing fee counts :) 

3) Congrats on getting your books!!! I'm hoping for a decent TAT too :wishluck: when my 1 gets there! :banana: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

FAST TRACK VALUE (15 day turnaround) 

Delivered: 7/20/2020

Received: 7/27/2020

Scheduled for Grading 8/4/42020

Grading / Quality Control 8/10/2020

This is easy to predict... it's one week per stage. So I'm guessing shipping 8/17... 

Edited by miraclemet