• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

getting rid of the trash

28 posts in this topic

We give comics away at Halloween as well. The kids go crazy! Just make sure the comics are age appropriate.
This is what makes me hesitant. I had a guy from Craigslist come over with his 15 year old son, and the kid wasn't even allowed to buy a comic until the dad inspected every page. This was all Comics Code stuff and I'd say 75% of it was deemed inappropriate for the kid. You never know with some parents. I wouldn't want to deal with that guy coming back to my house the next day because I gave his kid an X-Men comic from 1990 :(

Give the best ones away at Halloween!

that's funny. kids these days probably would rather have candy than a comic though.

Some feel that way but many are quite thrilled to get a comic. Think of it as a way to introduce the hobby to kids who've probably never seen a comic book - the vast majority of them are already fans of the characters.

that's funny. kids these days probably would rather have candy than a comic though.

Some feel that way but many are quite thrilled to get a comic. Think of it as a way to introduce the hobby to kids who've probably never seen a comic book - the vast majority of them are already fans of the characters.

Even if i might be introducing them to Rob leifeld??? :sick:

I'm afraid if i hand out Xforce 1's, ill wake up to a house covered in eggs and tp hm

Even if i might be introducing them to Rob leifeld??? :sick:

I'm afraid if i hand out Xforce 1's, ill wake up to a house covered in eggs and tp hm

If the kids dad collected comics in the 90's and hasn't checked in recently he might think you're handing out gold lol

"Oh my god! X-Force #1? This thing must be worth $100 by now!"

Nope. Comics are a HUGE hit with kids at Halloween.

You'll be the most popular house in the neighborhood.

Yup, we've done it the past 2 years and the kids keep coming back for seconds. Big hit.

I actually suggested it because I've seen you talk about it before. :gossip:

:headbang:

Archies seem to go first but they all disappear eventually, and much better than candy which disappears in a few seconds.

Simpson's, Bone are most in demand here.

Giving away to kids or institutions is great, but if you'd prefer a *little* cash, check to see if there's a local one day show nearby. Most dealers will offer between $10 and $20 a longbox for 90's junk unless it's utter drek, toss them under their table, and stick 'em out for 50 cents or a buck apiece. If you have dozens of boxes, you can check into renting a table at the aforesaid show and sell them YOURSELF for 50 cents or a dollar, and broom out the leftovers to a dealer at the end of the day.

This works best if they're all nicely sorted into alphanumerical, but the true fans will dig through bargain boxes regardless.

Hard work and it burns an entire day, but if you have a dozen or more boxes it'll get you a fun day amongst comic book fans, and put a little cash in your pocket to boot

We have given out comics for Halloween for the past 3 years and it is always a hit. Last year one of the parents told us that word was out about our house 3 blocks away and the kids couldn't wait to get to the house with the comics.

Also the wife dressed up for the night.

Halloween.jpg

It's a fun night for kids, parents and us.