• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who will be following the Apple announcement today?

269 posts in this topic

Apple has an announcement today?

New iPhone, possibly new iPods

iPods? iPhone?

Is your hearing aid on?

My dog sled is still on it's way back delivering my new batteries.

I've been trying to cruise the refurb area - getting ready to buy my iPad for my foray into digital comics. Almost all of my non-collectible back issues are sold. I'm ready!

Car pictures - did you post any? :shy:

Not yet, I get home later at night during the first part of the week so it's been too dark to take pictures, but tomorrow I get home at 5 and will take some for sure!

I'll be watching, but without much interest. I compared the Galaxy S3 to the likely features of the iPhone 5 a few months ago and decided it wasn't worth waiting for Apple, so I went ahead and bought an S3.

Do you guys like Siri? My favorite thing on the Samsung Galaxy S3 is the speech recognition. It is a dramatic improvement to play a song in my car by saying "Play Big Empty Stone Temple Pilots" than to click a dozen times through my music library. It makes playing songs that I want to hear possible while driving for the very first time, and that makes it my very favorite smartphone feature so far. Saying "Search " to get a search going while walking around is great too.

In a few weeks, we Android users get Google's answer to Siri, "Google Now." I'm looking forward to it greatly. :banana:

http://www.google.com/landing/now/

Apple store is lagging pretty bad now, probably from the traffic. I'm guessing whatever was going on sale, is now on sale.
Unlikely. That would mean they put things on sale before the official announcement. I thought it was down altogether while they update?

Apple store is lagging pretty bad now, probably from the traffic. I'm guessing whatever was going on sale, is now on sale.
Unlikely. That would mean they put things on sale before the official announcement. I thought it was down altogether while they update?

When I go I'm getting the stock message - "We'll be back - We're busy updating the store..."

When I go I'm getting the stock message - "We'll be back - We're busy updating the store..."

Standard Apple. They take down the store right before an announcement introducing new hardware. It will be back up after the meeting and will likely include preorders for the new stuff.

I'll be watching, but without much interest. I compared the Galaxy S3 to the likely features of the iPhone 5 a few months ago and decided it wasn't worth waiting for Apple, so I went ahead and bought an S3.

Don't you want to see all the new features available for Samsung to copy? :grin:

New iPhone, new iPod, new Touch and new iTunes, definitely. 9to5mac is reporting some URL "hacking" pointing to press release pages for each.

If I were a short term trader, I'd expect the market to be disappointed by the announcement, and the stock to trade down.

Any sign of the rumored 'mini iPad'?

Don't you want to see all the new features available for Samsung to copy? :grin:

I already have...I'll be watching mostly to see if Apple throws any surprise new features in.

I don't expect any. I think most of what will be there has already been speculated on in the financial press. I think the stock itself will trade down $15-20.

I already have...I'll be watching mostly to see if Apple throws any surprise new features in.

I don't expect any. I think most of what will be there has already been speculated on in the financial press. I think the stock itself will trade down $15-20.

That's no surprise though - Apple stock is always "buy the rumor sell the news" around their announcements. Happens every time, and then slowly climbs back again.

It traded down 2-3% over the last few days which is typical for after the announcement. It's so regular that people did it in advance this time I think.

That's no surprise though - Apple stock is always "buy the rumor sell the news" around their announcements. Happens every time, and then slowly climbs back again.

Yup. (thumbs u

It'll be interesting to see if they sell the speculated 10M units in the first couple of weeks.