• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who will be following the Apple announcement today?

269 posts in this topic

Apple iPhone 5 announced with 4 inch screen! Also lighter than previous models

The case design looks more like the Samsung Galaxy S3 than the iPhone 4 did. I smell a lawsuit! :idea:

0912_apple_21-660x439.jpg1343217941blue-galaxy-s-iii_32gb.jpg

Wait, so they made it a little shorter and a little wider??? meh

I hope it still has that feature where the call loses signal and disconnects depending on where your finger is placed on the back of the phone. :wishluck:

The case design looks more like the Samsung Galaxy S3 than the iPhone 4 did. I smell a lawsuit! :idea:

I hope it still has that feature where the call loses signal and disconnects depending on where your finger is placed on the back of the phone. :wishluck:

I'm hoping my ear will still hit the mute button every time i place the phone on the left side of my head meh

I'm hoping my ear will still hit the mute button every time i place the phone on the left side of my head meh

Can you change the battery in these things yet, or do you still need 'special' help for that?

Yeah. That feature is pretty sweet, too. (thumbs u

Can you change the battery in these things yet, or do you still need 'special' help for that?

Think about who these things are marketed to. You really don't want them performing such complicated tasks as changing a battery. :baiting:

Maybe the new one has to be shipped back to the little kid at the factory in China when you want to dial a number. They could ship it back all ready to press the "Dial" button.

Yeah. That feature is pretty sweet, too. (thumbs u

yeah, nothing quite as awesome as telling my wife or friend a story for 20 seconds before realizing my ear hit the mute button and they didnt hear a word :golfclap:

I can and have, along with the screen and the back case and the home button. It's not really THAT hard.

I have an iPhone 4S and I'll definitely get the 5.

I spend enough time fixing other people's technical problems... I don't want to have to spend time futzing with a smartphone.

I couldn't watch the whole Engadget liveblog, but I didn't see any mini Ipad.

Wouldn't a mini iPad be an iPod touch?

Essentially. There's been a convergence of features. 7" iPad or 7" touch - it'd just be semantics.

Get smaller ears. :grin::baiting:

Get smaller ears. :grin::baiting:

Huh?!?

The cop Madsen worked over in Resovoir Dogs would still have his ear hit the mute button on that damn thing! :baiting:

. I bought the Samsung Infuse because it was lighter and thinner with a bigger screen. This phone is a POS. I've already replaced it once and it cost me $200 even though I have insurance.

Platform

Android 2.3, Gingerbread

Now theres ya problem

theresyourproblem.jpg

Seriously though, Samsung SUCK at updating their phones. Really glad i picked the Nexus, next phone will be a Nexus as well. Updates directly from Google, yes please.

You guys on SIII have something to look forward to with 4.1 Jellybean.

I wish they made a big iPhone like that Galaxy brick phone that's too big for pockets but not quite as big as a Kindle

I must have huge pockets. hm

All smartphones are bricks that are difficult to sit down with, so the slightly-larger Galaxy didn't seem like a bad choice.