• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

red dawn

49 posts in this topic

I hear they're planning to remake the original Star Wars trilogy simply because they've run out of mess to remake and nobody in Hollywood can come up with an original idea.

Seriously, i think Hollywood might be retarded!

You do NOT try to remake a AWESOME movie, remake movies. 1st King Kong, then Conan, then the Thing and now Red Dawn. Each one crappier than the next :facepalm:

There is one word behind all this Hollywood idiocy: Pre-qualified.

We are all pre-qualified to see Red Dawn because we're familiar with the original. It's the lamest, laziest, soulless, creativity-lacking, minimally-inspired sales tactic producers, sales people and pitchmen use.

It's not really Hollywood's fault, it's more of an indictment on the lack of intelligence on the part of modern consumers for allowing themselves to support this kind of garbage. Sadly, the majority of people go see tripe like this, which is why it continues to go on.

It's not really Hollywood's fault, it's more of an indictment on the lack of intelligence on the part of modern consumers for allowing themselves to support this kind of garbage. Sadly, the majority of people go see tripe like this, which is why it continues to go on.

Yup.

1st reaction - upset at Hollywood.

Better reaction - be upset with ourselves for asking for it.

You do NOT try to remake a AWESOME movie, remake movies. 1st King Kong, then Conan, then the Thing and now Red Dawn. Each one crappier than the next :facepalm:

We are all pre-qualified to see Red Dawn because we're familiar with the original. It's the lamest, laziest, soulless, creativity-lacking, minimally-inspired sales tactic producers, sales people and pitchmen use.

Tells how you really feel Dr. B! :roflmao:

Tells how you really feel Dr. B! :roflmao:

lol

Thankfully the 2nd part of your equation is turning out to be false - most of these remakes are bombing at the box office right now.

If you want to see the same theme handled correctly, check out Tomorrow When the War Began... a 2010 Australian film that may be the best treatment of the subject (based on a 7-volume series of books, the author was nevertheless likely inspired by "Red Dawn"). I was hooked, and I don't even usually care for "action films" as such.

North Koreans? Yeah, that's who I thought would attack us.....again. :eyeroll:

It was originally the Chinese but someone said they might get upset (or get an idea) and they changed it to North Korea.

None of the film changed, just the logos and dubbed dialog as this was a recent change.

If it were a brand new idea for a new movie it wouldn't be so bad but everyone here as expectations that it should be better than the original. The quality of the picture and the military equiopment being used look a lot better...I'd give this one a chance and check it out on the big screen.

If you want to see the same theme handled correctly, check out Tomorrow When the War Began... a 2010 Australian film that may be the best treatment of the subject (based on a 7-volume series of books, the author was nevertheless likely inspired by "Red Dawn"). I was hooked, and I don't even usually care for "action films" as such.

Book series you say? Dish it girlfriend