• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No more Professor X

88 posts in this topic

I read this issue yesterday and didn't even raise an eyebrow when he "died"

I just figured he'd get phonixed back to life in the last issue or something.

He's going to become a girl?

No, he will come back hooked on phonix

No, he will come back a hooking Phoenix

:o

No, he will come back a hooking Phoenix

Now you're talking! giggedy!

No, he will come back a Phooking Hoenix

Now you're talking! giggedy!

Why don't they just kill off the entire Marvel universe and then reboot each character with a new origin and number 1 issue.

:eyeroll:

Only if there are 40 variants per issue and one of them is polybagged :sumo:

Why don't they just kill off the entire Marvel universe and then reboot each character with a new origin and number 1 issue.

I was thinking just make each monthly issue a number one for that month and save us the misery.

Only if there are 40 variants per issue and one of them is polybagged :sumo:

And all named X-Force drawn by Liefield :whee:

I was thinking just make each monthly issue a number one for that month and save us the misery.

They should go all the way and stop numbering :insane:

Just Bendis the entire book and have no writing or numerals. Pictures only.

Just Bendis the entire book and have no writing or numerals. Pictures only.

A Bendis Book is all writting and no images

Thanks a lot for spoiling that for me with the title of the thread. meh

Seriously? You still have the capacity to be surprised and delighted by the twists of a comic plot?

You don't think there are still people who enjoy reading current comics? I hadn't been buying the comics then reading and enjoying the story just so some tool could tell me what happens at the end before I could read it.

The majority of television and movies are somewhat predictable these days, is it OK for me to ruin other people's enjoyment of them because I'm cynical about their originality?

Well I WAS looking forward to reading AvX...... anyways.... Even after hearing about it I'm very much in the "meh" group. It wasn't going to have much affect on me anyways so I don't care that it was spoiled.

I'm trying to think of a character who died and STAYED dead. Even Jason Todd was brought back. Has there ever been a relative popular character (not some D level character) who has remained dead?

Well I WAS looking forward to reading AvX...... anyways.... Even after hearing about it I'm very much in the "meh" group. It wasn't going to have much affect on me anyways so I don't care that it was spoiled.

I'm trying to think of a character who died and STAYED dead. Even Jason Todd was brought back. Has there ever been a relative popular character (not some D level character) who has remained dead?

Uncle Ben. To my knowledge they only brought him back one issue and it wasn't even in continuity.

Seriously? You still have the capacity to be surprised and delighted by the twists of a comic plot?

You don't think there are still people who enjoy reading current comics? I hadn't been buying the comics then reading and enjoying the story just so some tool could tell me what happens at the end before I could read it.

The majority of television and movies are somewhat predictable these days, is it OK for me to ruin other people's enjoyment of them because I'm cynical about their originality?

I agree, it ruins it for everyone with the punch line in the title. At the very least it should be titled as a discussion about the current series with the word "SPOILER" in the title.

I'm with GAZ on this one, Even if it's predictable or even if it doesn't have any impact I enjoy reading my comics without knowing what's going to happen... I do read most of my stuff in collected editions so I'm used to having a few books spoiled here and there, I'm sure it's a lot worse for those who buy the books each month (or week in this case).

Uncle Ben. To my knowledge they only brought him back one issue and it wasn't even in continuity.

I suppose... but I think there is a big difference in some character who appeared in a couple issues (if that) as opposed to a character who was around for, say, 10 years and then died and stayed dead.

I guess the Walking Dead has a bunch of characters die and stay *dead*.

Totally agree with here Garry.

Bruce Waynes parents seem to stay dead (except in Elseworlds).