• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No more Professor X

88 posts in this topic

Many of us simply don't care about comic book character deaths anymore.  With a second X-Men : First Class film on the way, likely not long-lasting in this case.

Thanks a lot for spoiling that for me with the title of the thread. meh

You don't think there are still people who enjoy reading current comics? I hadn't been buying the comics then reading and enjoying the story just so some tool could tell me what happens at the end before I could read it.

The majority of television and movies are somewhat predictable these days, is it OK for me to ruin other people's enjoyment of them because I'm cynical about their originality?

Totally agree with here Garry.

New comic books are very expensive, and it's reasonable to demand every last bit of value from them, including not having the contents divulged before they're even published.  Obvious, unless you're completely selfish.

Well I WAS looking forward to reading AvX...... anyways.... Even after hearing about it I'm very much in the "meh" group. It wasn't going to have much affect on me anyways so I don't care that it was spoiled.

I'm trying to think of a character who died and STAYED dead. Even Jason Todd was brought back. Has there ever been a relative popular character (not some D level character) who has remained dead?

Uncle Ben. To my knowledge they only brought him back one issue and it wasn't even in continuity.

Bruce Waynes parents seem to stay dead (except in Elseworlds).

DC drek :baiting:

They are alive, living on a private island in the Caribbean to get away from their 'bat crazy' son

Thanks a lot for spoiling that for me with the title of the thread. meh

Seriously? You still have the capacity to be surprised and delighted by the twists of a comic plot?

You don't think there are still people who enjoy reading current comics? I hadn't been buying the comics then reading and enjoying the story just so some tool could tell me what happens at the end before I could read it.

The majority of television and movies are somewhat predictable these days, is it OK for me to ruin other people's enjoyment of them because I'm cynical about their originality?

Okay, so the OP screwed up by not spoilering the thread. That's cause for the vehemence displayed?

Okay, so the OP screwed up by not spoilering the thread. That's cause for the vehemence displayed?

It's annoying when the writer can't keep his mouth shut about the contents online.

Why don't they just kill off the entire Marvel universe and then reboot each character with a new origin and number 1 issue.

:eyeroll:

I was thinking just make each monthly issue a number one for that month and save us the misery.

They should go all the way and stop numbering :insane:

I'm expecting a Golden Age thing where each year a new volume begins, with 12 issues per volume, or something like that.

And by the way, is anyone else using the Marvel AR app when reading AvsX? I find some of the extras to be pretty cool.

Although I am upset with the title of this thread, the ending was already ruined for the when I went on the website of my local newspaper (thestar.com) and they had it as one of the main titles for their news section.

Wish people respected the fact that some people still like surprises.

It's annoying when the writer can't keep his mouth shut about the contents online.

Just not sure why people really care. Even if they do kill him off, he's coming back at some point. (shrug) These types of comic events meant something when the character actually stayed dead, and how many times has that happened?

Morph has managed to stay dead, at least in mainstream continuity.

Banshee and the original Nightcrawler are still dead - which sucks because I really liked those characters.

I'm sure they'll fix that too. The alternate Nightcrawler is dead and the one we see now was always the original. They traded places in some untold story....