• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My feelings got hurt when ...

39 posts in this topic

… when my post got removed by the moderators.

I was out at some yard sales hoping to score some comic books, and at one of them I found a 1950 Vintage Handy Andy kid's tool set. I joked about how that would have made a wonderful restoration set for GA comic books.

When I got home with the kid's tool set, my wife told me that collecting comic books was enough, and that she'd like me to quickly part with my Handy Andy. (It's a beautiful tool kit that comes in a wonderful solid wood box complete with working goggles and a full array of functional tools.)

I thought it'd be fun to playfully post this tool set on the boards as a "1950s Vintage Restoration Kit" and wrote something like "Need to trim the edges of that miscut Tec 31, you'll love the sharp edges of Handy Andy's trimmer saw … Need to press that Action 13, there's nothing quite like a Handy Andy Hammer for the job …" and so on…

I was quite amused by the "cheeky" playful post, and I put it in the mixed/misc For Sale thread, priced it at what I'd paid ($25), and thought it was a fun, playful post to share with my friends.

It felt as if the Dark Side had arrived when I saw my post replaced with "Not an appropriate item to sell on this forum!"

I don't know why, but I felt rather hurt, as if somehow I'd been punished for having fun… I didn't much like it ...

I just wanted an outlet to share my feelings and hopefully have my voice heard. Thanks for listening. :foryou:

It was funny - but not appropriate in the sales forum. Probably would have been a better fit in CG, and got more responses, too! Trust me, the only punishment for having fun around here happens when you post girlie pictures.

It was funny - but not appropriate in the sales forum. Probably would have been a better fit in CG, and got more responses, too!

It might have been moved to the Watercooler although I could have seen Aunt Agatha have a fun time with that one.

Post a pic. Having a post deleted is sufficient fodder to make it suitable for CG.

IMAG0164.jpg

Look at that saw! :o

These look mostly like adult tools (except for the lone ranger mask).

Either the 50's were the real kids-lib period, or these were cobbled together from Dad's workshop.