• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YES!!!! Avengers opens tomorrow at my local $2 theater!!!!

12 posts in this topic

i finally saw avengers the other day. it wasn't bad but i had so many people tell me how awesome it was, best movie ever, blah blah. it was a little boring for the majority of the movie imo. the end fight was great sure, and it was better than a lot of the other comic movies, but that isn't saying much.

i think it was probably just way over hyped. it didn't suck but i'm not dieing to see it again.

You guys have $2 theatres?!?!?!?!?!? The cheapest non-concession ticket in Australia is about 17-18 usd...

Unless you count some cheap Tuesday sessions or independent cinemas where you might get one for $10.

So jelly

Yep, $2 theaters here typically play stuff that didn't last long in the theater, stuff that is about to hit DVD/Blu-Ray, or is already released on DVD...

There's a $4 single screen theater about 5 miles from me that has the old segregated seating balcony converted to smoking seating, and you can buy $2 beers from the projectionist.

You guys have $2 theatres?!?!?!?!?!? The cheapest non-concession ticket in Australia is about 17-18 usd...

Unless you count some cheap Tuesday sessions or independent cinemas where you might get one for $10.

So jelly

Yep, $2 theaters here typically play stuff that didn't last long in the theater, stuff that is about to hit DVD/Blu-Ray, or is already released on DVD...

There's a $4 single screen theater about 5 miles from me that has the old segregated seating balcony converted to smoking seating, and you can buy $2 beers from the projectionist.

AND BEER!!! A majority of our cinemas are not allowed to sell booze in general admission you can pay for a 'gold class' seat where you can drink but that is $35+

i finally saw avengers the other day. it wasn't bad but i had so many people tell me how awesome it was, best movie ever, blah blah. it was a little boring for the majority of the movie imo. the end fight was great sure, and it was better than a lot of the other comic movies, but that isn't saying much.

i think it was probably just way over hyped. it didn't suck but i'm not dieing to see it again.

I agree, and I'm a little guilty of contributing to the hype. Whenever I think of the movie now, I don't get all that jazzed at the memories.

So jelly

Where the hell do you live?

In Melbourne there are a fair few Cinemas that are $5 for old releases.

The Sun in Yarraville offers a beer for $8 in art-deco opulence.

You must live in McMansionville! :kidaround:

I quit going to my local $1 theater when I realized they cut out scenes from the movie.

Yea never go to a second run house unless they have digital projectors. I've had up to 20 minutes need to be cut out of a film before and once that print was through we had to send it to a dollar theatre and they never ordered a replacement reel.

That about sums it up for me although I am looking forward to buying the DVD.