• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Montreal Comiccon Report (photo heavy, and yes, girl-centric!)

172 posts in this topic

Just found this link today. Pretty neat - a photographer set up a lighting rig outside the con on the street and shot a variety of people in costume, some of whom were featured earlier in this thread.

You can scroll from one picture to the next by moving your mouse the left/right edge of the image, or you can click the middle of the picture to bring up clickable thumbnails of everything he shot.

The lighting really does make some cool pictures...

Original stuff!

Thanks for a great link.

The $35 single day for Saturday was worse to a lot of people.

I was working with the media guests all weekend, so I didn't get a ton of time to walk around. The comic selection was pretty good.

To my dismay, ever time I walked by the 1 000 000 Comics booth with Gerry Ross there were people buying.

Tons and tons of walking dead 100 around the show, ever cover, for a lot higher than I figured any of it should be.

There seemed to be a good selection of silver age, but it looked like the best stuff all got bought Thursday night, which seems to be the norm.

It was a good show, the hall and set-up was nice, but I agree attendance could have been higher.

I'll have to post some sketches, I got a couple Darwyn Cooke sketches done, among other things. My friend I was there with got a Frank Cho, and Mignola sketch, among others. They all turned out very well.

You should watch what you say about Gerry Ross.

I overheard him telling another dealer about how he has a Florida Lawyer writing letters to CGC Forum representatives for a defamation suit he's working on... seriously.

lol

I already got that PM!

Luckily I don't think that Florida lawyer is licensed to practice law in Canada.

The $35 single day for Saturday was worse to a lot of people.

I was working with the media guests all weekend, so I didn't get a ton of time to walk around. The comic selection was pretty good.

To my dismay, ever time I walked by the 1 000 000 Comics booth with Gerry Ross there were people buying.

Tons and tons of walking dead 100 around the show, ever cover, for a lot higher than I figured any of it should be.

There seemed to be a good selection of silver age, but it looked like the best stuff all got bought Thursday night, which seems to be the norm.

It was a good show, the hall and set-up was nice, but I agree attendance could have been higher.

I'll have to post some sketches, I got a couple Darwyn Cooke sketches done, among other things. My friend I was there with got a Frank Cho, and Mignola sketch, among others. They all turned out very well.

You should watch what you say about Gerry Ross.

I overheard him telling another dealer about how he has a Florida Lawyer writing letters to CGC Forum representatives for a defamation suit he's working on... seriously.

lol

I already got that PM!

Luckily I don't think that Florida lawyer is licensed to practice law in Canada.

PM from a lawyer? lol lol

I was really happy to over hear how much he paid this lawyer and told him straight up he would lose and that it was a waste of money.

The guy is a legit comic "genius". A lot like how Apple has Apples Genius's.

Just found this link today. Pretty neat - a photographer set up a lighting rig outside the con on the street and shot a variety of people in costume, some of whom were featured earlier in this thread.

You can scroll from one picture to the next by moving your mouse the left/right edge of the image, or you can click the middle of the picture to bring up clickable thumbnails of everything he shot.

The lighting really does make some cool pictures...

Original stuff!

Thanks for a great link.

Love the Baby Doll pic.

Wow! Great photos guys! I was there also and it was really a great con. It was my fourth time and they change place this year for a bigger one.

From what I heard they got more than 32,000 visitors. This year I don't brought many comics but spent more of my money on comic artist sketch. The one I got from David Finch was amazing.

I also take some photos:

medium-247.jpg

You can see more on my site here:

http://www.erikbouchard.com/?p=806