• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DYNAMIC 8 who's got one?

197 posts in this topic

Not a Dynamic #8 but this picture is sure to blow your minds. A fellow collector sent me this picture of his little Chesler collection, so I thought I would share it with you folks here. And nope, it isn't Photoshop, it's the real deal.

2012-05-03_23-54-42_30.jpg

yep I know that hoarder....he's a smart one.

he was supposed to sell me one but I found a couple on my own, thank goodness!

Not a Dynamic #8 but this picture is sure to blow your minds. A fellow collector sent me this picture of his little Chesler collection, so I thought I would share it with you folks here. And nope, it isn't Photoshop, it's the real deal.

What grades Rick?

What grades Rick?

both are low grade...I had a 3rd copy, but larry bought it from me at NYCC a few weeks ago, if I recall correctly

What grades Rick?

both are low grade...I had a 3rd copy, but larry bought it from me at NYCC a few weeks ago, if I recall correctly

Yes I did, and it's a great book. Thanks, Rick!

What grades Rick?

Yes I did, and it's a great book. Thanks, Rick!

Hope you don't mind, for the benefit of those following along here I reposted the scan of it you posted in the other GA thread. :)

Punch12001.jpg

Indeed it is sweet :applause:

DynamicCorner_zps3ac03d05.jpg

:whistle:

dynamicBefore_zps40653999.jpg

Soon. I don't have it in hand yet.

Photos were taken in-progress.

The astonishing thing is it can be held,

opened, bent and read without worry.

:applause:

I'm thinking of doing the same thing for my Punch 12.

Punch 12 might make more sense then restoring Bob's Dynamic 12.

But sometimes sense does not always factor into why one wants a comic restored.

I fought Bob tooth and nail on restoring his Dynamic 8, but glad he stuck to what he wanted.

Here is the interior of his book, before/after solvent/water wash and leafcasted.

Aside from some minor black ink work, no CT was done to the interior cover.

Just casted material filling in and supporting affected areas.

Without it, the book was not easily handled without fear of being split, or losing pieces.

DSC05378_zps5421f362.jpg

DSC05399_zps2a0c3bc0.jpg

Kenny pointed out that the corner photo I used above was taken when the work was still incomplete, and he can see the imperfections.

I'll try to control myself next time and refrain from posting any more of the in-progress photos and wait until I get it in hand.

:makepoint:

j/k

It really was pretty much done, but until a book goes out the door, it typically gets worked on, and cleaned up as part of being finalized.

Let alone what Matt might do on his end.

I sent you those because I knew you wanted to see your book!

So I sent some photos that really showed the work, rather then hide it with small, dark photos.

:blush:

Pardon the lousy iPhone photo, but the wait is over:

photo-4_zpsb5fc084e.jpg

The workmanship on this book is outstanding. It feels like a newsstand fresh copy, whereas it was falling apart in my hands with misaligned pages that felt like they would drop out when I tried to read the book. To me there's no comparison, I prefer to be looking at this gorgeous work of art restored to it's original glory.

Nice job Kenny. :golfclap: