• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DYNAMIC 8 who's got one?

197 posts in this topic

Yeah, it wont sell at that price.

If a buyer is interested they have the option to make an offer.

I would have easily paid 3k for this book and I look at it this way, if it sells great and if it does not sell great! I will probably not be able to replace this book anytime soon if ever.

In the thread that I have provided here on the boards that contains a link to Dynamic 8 and a few other books it states:

"I have a decent amount of room to negotiate on some of the books especially if the deal is done here on the boards verses ebay."

Not a Dynamic #8 but this picture is sure to blow your minds. A fellow collector sent me this picture of his little Chesler collection, so I thought I would share it with you folks here. And nope, it isn't Photoshop, it's the real deal.

2012-05-03_23-54-42_30.jpg

Not a Dynamic #8 but this picture is sure to blow your minds. A fellow collector sent me this picture of his little Chesler collection, so I thought I would share it with you folks here. And nope, it isn't Photoshop, it's the real deal.

I'm sure it's not an option,

But if it were I'd take one - any one! :wishluck:

Heck, you can't fault a guy for trying.

Comic prices these days are reminding me of every other bubble we have seen. Stock market, housing prices, etc... It really makes me wonder if is sustainable. Golden age collectors are a small group as it is. Wealthy ones even fewer. CGC grading has really opened the doors and made it relatively safe and attractive for speculative money to enter the market. $4.5K for this book is really out there I think. So is $6K for a Suspense #3 in 1.0.

You make a fair point, but I don't see GA comics suddenly crashing anytime soon. (Of course, anything's possible.) Unlike SA and the HG CGC market, GA has had a more gradual rise. And a lot of non-key GA books have had serious declines in market value over the past 5 years. That decline includes DCs and Timelys.

The books we're talking about--Suspense 3, classic horror covers like Dynamic 8, pre-Robin Tecs, early Actions, etc.... these are really the cream of the crop, and few and far between. A lot of the non-keys are going down, and the keys are going up as folk fight over 'em in auctions.

I can't say that the recent price hikes are all that surprising. And not to turn this into a pressing thread, but the spread of that particular practice has, I think, turned some deep-pocket SA buyers into GA buyers.

yep I know that hoarder....he's a smart one.

Maybe you could put in a kind word for me? :foryou:

Maybe you could put in a kind word for me? :foryou:

I will...but I'm first... ahem... :hi: