• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Want to ask about comic collecting

12 posts in this topic

Hi , my name is Ario , i'm from Indonesia , and i have been collecting comics since 1997 , can i ask a few question about collecting comics ?

1. a few of my comics is stored in a filling cabinet , it is safe to store comics in filling cabinet for a long time period ?

2.do we need to change our comics bag and board every 3 years ? because all my old bag and boar is still in good condition

3. my newer comics collection is in a short boxes in a not a direct sunlight room , it is safe ?

4. there is a lot of comics i want to buy in this forum , do you have any recommendation of seller who can ship the comics to Indonesia ? i can pay via paypal , and all this time i buy from mile high or midtown or ebay , but the selection of variants and exclusive comics in this forum is the best

thank you

Hi , my name is Ario , i'm from Indonesia , and i have been collecting comics since 1997 , can i ask a few question about collecting comics ?

1. a few of my comics is stored in a filling cabinet , it is safe to store comics in filling cabinet for a long time period ?

Never heard of any problems with that method.

2.do we need to change our comics bag and board every 3 years ? because all my old bag and boar is still in good condition

No, you don't. More expensive comics should be stored using Mylar and acid free backboards though

3. my newer comics collection is in a short boxes in a not a direct sunlight room , it is safe ?

They should be fine. No direct sunlight and try to keep them in a cool, dry place

4. there is a lot of comics i want to buy in this forum , do you have any recommendation of seller who can ship the comics to Indonesia ? i can pay via paypal , and all this time i buy from mile high or midtown or ebay , but the selection of variants and exclusive comics in this forum is the best

Lots of sellers here will do it. Just ask.

thank you

Indonesia? Welcome to the forum. I'm a USA ex-pat living in Thailand.

What kind of comic books do you collect?

You've joined one of the best comic book collecting forums on the internet! ;)

Indonesia? Welcome to the forum. I'm a USA ex-pat living in Thailand.

What kind of comic books do you collect?

You've joined one of the best comic book collecting forums on the internet! ;)

now i mainly collects DC comics , image and Zenescope , also Marvel in their big event , like Fear Itself of AvX

but if it a J.Scott Campbell , i will buy it , as long as i can afford it :)

Welcome to the boards and enjoy the best comic chat board on the

internet. (thumbs u

Do lots of reading of threads and there are many long time experts who have

a wealth of information.

I will vouch for this statement.... I have met some great people on here...and also have bought some sweet items (more coming in monthly) . But overall it has expanded my knowledge and has been a great source for questions and proper and timely answers....not a answer a year down the road..