• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Complete DC Collection (and not from who you think)!!! Three Cheers!!!

188 posts in this topic

I think it would be a great movie if Ian married this "Collector".

The happy couple could spend the rest of their days in a 3 bedroom apartment made to look like Superman's Fortress of Solitude (his room), The Bat Cave (her room) and the Hall of Justice (where they store all the comics). The last scene would be their kid dropping acid and burning down the entire building.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

I was wondering when you were going to join the weenie roast,.... 27_laughing.gif

Vienna sausages, anyone? I'm not one to gloat but this caps off a wonderful anniversary celebration night! 893applaud-thumb.gif I can go to bed looking forward to a nice ssound sleep with pleasant dreams of DC Golden Age Detectives dancing in my head tongue.gif

I was wondering when you were going to join the weenie roast,.... 27_laughing.gif

Vienna sausages, anyone? I'm not one to gloat but this caps off a wonderful anniversary celebration night! 893applaud-thumb.gif I can go to bed looking forward to a nice ssound sleep with pleasant dreams of DC Golden Age Detectives dancing in my head tongue.gif

27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Wow- quite a feat! It is really great to hear that people are still trying to complete whole runs! I couldn't help but notice it seems like Ian is not on the boards right now-what happened?

He ran a want list auction, it got pulled because apparently half the forums reported it and once he found that out he took his ball and went home. Very dramatic exit. Darth, the first person to admit doing it, is now his stated "enemy for life."

Can you blame him? Did you think he would let such callous and inhuman and purely selfish behaviour just wash over him? NOT THIS TIME PAL.

ROTFLMFAO

"FOAD" wink.gif

Okay, so Ian's been driven away probably for the final time, but just because another collector completed her collection (and this is very old news, btw) doesn't mean it's time to take the [!@#%^&^] out of Ian when he's so close. She (the collector) finished her collection ages ago. There are of course other DC completists such as Jerome Wenker (who's only 180 away from completion, and has done many trades with Ian which has benefitted them both), so Ian has never been alone in this pursuit. There may be other collectors who've done this but have kept a low or non-existent profile.

And let's not forget that Ian didn't say "don't bid on the auctions I'm after", but rather he asked people not to punish bid or bid on his behalf, as he was always aware of anything he was after. He isn't a "Johnny Come Lately" - he's been around in U.K. fandom since 1972 and has had rare books in his possesion since 1974.

It's a shame that the Forum won't be there to see Ian cross the finishing line, and you can't deny that Ian didn't bring a bit of color and pizazz to the Boards.

According to Ian, another person put up a wants "auction" at the same time as Ian and even brought it to everyone on the Forums' attention via a link. Yet he (the other seller) was not reported.

Ian has asked me to point out that this is why he feels that certain board members have been vindictive towards him.

Okay, so Ian's been driven away probably for the final time, but just because another collector completed her collection (and this is very old news, btw) doesn't mean it's time to take the [!@#%^&^] out of Ian when he's so close. She (the collector) finished her collection ages ago. There are of course other DC completists such as Jerome Wenker (who's only 180 away from completion, and has done many trades with Ian which has benefitted them both), so Ian has never been alone in this pursuit. There may be other collectors who've done this but have kept a low or non-existent profile.

And let's not forget that Ian didn't say "don't bid on the auctions I'm after", but rather he asked people not to punish bid or bid on his behalf, as he was always aware of anything he was after. He isn't a "Johnny Come Lately" - he's been around in U.K. fandom since 1972 and has had rare books in his possesion since 1974.

It's a shame that the Forum won't be there to see Ian cross the finishing line, and you can't deny that Ian didn't bring a bit of color and pizazz to the Boards.

According to Ian, another person put up a wants "auction" at the same time as Ian and even brought it to everyone on the Forums' attention via a link. Yet he was not reported.

Ian has asked me to point out that this is why he feels that certain board members have been vindictive towards him.

Who? Personally, I hope Ian comes back. I liked Ian - he brought a certain something to the boards. He just needs to have a bit of a thicker skin and realize that much of the [!@#%^&^] he gets here is simply him getting ripped.

According to Ian, another person put up a wants "auction" at the same time as Ian and even brought it to everyone on the Forums' attention via a link. Yet he was not reported.

Who? Personally, I hope Ian comes back. I liked Ian - he brought a certain something to the boards. He just needs to have a bit of a thicker skin and realize that much of the [!@#%^&^] he gets here is simply him getting ripped.

I want to know who too.

I don't remember a wantlist being put on eBay and being shown here confused-smiley-013.gif

I want to know who too.

I don't remember a wantlist being put on eBay and being shown here confused-smiley-013.gif

Come out and tell us Ian, i can see you on the Who's Online thing foreheadslap.gif

Hey Ian....c'mon back....perhaps you can join forces with J_C and kick the krap out of all the reprobates, gypsies, tramps and thieves among us... thumbsup2.gif

Seriously...don't pull a Steve_HOCP(??) and stay away forever...this community did help you to find books that you were in need of and I feel that you should at the very least pop in every now and then and let us know you're status in your quest... smile.gif

An internet community can be harsh at times but what-the-hell...it's just words typed onto a computer screen... crazy.gif

Wow, kudos to that guy for not coming on here and being an [!@#%^&^] in his quest to complete his collection. What a feat. Ian might as well give up now, what's the point. 27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Darth, if you weren't my friend already you would be because the Enemy of my Enemy is my friend! flowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif

And yes, I too reported Ian's bogus auctions.

It really is a shame. When Ian first appeared 1xx books away I was thrilled that the forum had gained such a knowledge DC collector. Sadly the only thing Ian seems interested in is to contantly tell us to search for his books, flame dealers and forumites, and attempt to restrict our bidding!

Furthermore, let's revisit the whole Double Action 2 fiasco: Foolkiller's buddy Joe was the one who turned up the Double Action 2. Once Ian found out that Joe had this book Ian called Joe repeatedly even at Joe's pharmacy despite Joe specifically and unambiguously telling him not to call. It doesn't stop there - Ian called Joe's store and harrassed his dad who helps out there. So Joe takes this book - his winning lottery ticket - and sells it to Metro, the best thing he ever did. Why? well, first off Metro made a very aggressive offer and secondly Metro has thrown Joe TONS of leads for collections that it just wouldn't make sense for Metro to buy and Joe has done really well from it. Ian obviously wouldn't have those connections but heh, in Ian's quest only his own satisfaction is what matters.

Now Metro has the book in hand. Despite receiving a legitimate offer for the DA 2 from a Canadian bidder (who only knew about the book from Ian crying about it on THESE forums) Metro sold them the book. You think that would make Ian happy, huh? Instead he [!@#%^&^] when Metro asks for Ian to cover the credit card fees on the transaction. It's never enough for Ian and his selfishness is completely apparent to anyone who has read more than 5 of his posts.

Good luck Ian, but God knows if I came across those 4 it would be a cold day in hell before they found their way to your hands. 893naughty-thumb.gif

DAM

Good luck Ian, but God knows if I came across those 4 it would be a cold day in hell before they found their way to your hands. 893naughty-thumb.gif

DAM

So are the wheels in motion to deny Ian his books?

DAM

Only by me (and maybe Darth flowerred.gif) - Metro would sell them to Ian if they had them. They sold him the DA2.

DAM

Only by me (and maybe Darth flowerred.gif) - Metro would sell them to Ian if they had them. They sold him the DA2.

He was an Ok guy at the begining but the mania he went to to finish his collection is ridiculous. I wonder if as a group people can do anything to mess with his quest now!

According to Ian, another person put up a wants "auction" at the same time as Ian and even brought it to everyone on the Forums' attention via a link. Yet he (the other seller) was not reported.

Good point, golddust. If you look at that auction, the seller eccominccollector pulled it within 4 hours of my post admitting I reported Ian's. My vigilance only extends so far... but it seems that someone familiar with that seller, let him know in advance and the seller did the right thing by ending the auction with some lame excuse before eBay did administratively.

So am I a bit vindictive towards Ian? I'm sure not the only one...each of us probably have some bone to pick with Ian, some more than others, for the way he conducts his business on the forums, his condescending posts, etc... but mine is a bit more personal. He knows where he crossed the line with me and I have been leaving him be for the most part, but the guy just eems to bring it on himself foreheadslap.gif

BTW, I just checked eBay for "wanted" and "want list" in title search and nothing 'illegal' came up... thumbsup2.gif