• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Complete DC Collection (and not from who you think)!!! Three Cheers!!!

188 posts in this topic

A while back, I asked him if he had ever posted in a thread that he didn't start, or that didn't have to do with his collection. That sums up my problem with him. Infact, he made several comments about how incredibly stupid it is to buy slabbed high grade comics. He didn't say it in those words exactly, but that was his implication.

Ian appreciates good craftsmanship...

Ian promotes another collector....

Ian has a Mom....

Ian can appreciate another collectors habits...

My point is...Ian is human too....I think if you read between the lines you can tell that Ian is probably a pretty good guy in person...you either accept him or you don't...I accept him... wink.gif

I've already offered Ian a private apology. But the endless stompings on and off do not make it easy to get a fix. That said, I have often supported him, and wished him well.

I also believe that if you take a high profile, you are going to take some flack. Best you develop a pretty thick skin if you think it is important enough to seek support on the boards.

If you do not develop a sense of humor, and learn to be diplomatic, and are a little thin skinned, you are going to have a tough time. Otherwise you just blow your own foot off, like Steve_HOCP.

A while back, I asked him if he had ever posted in a thread that he didn't start, or that didn't have to do with his collection. That sums up my problem with him. Infact, he made several comments about how incredibly stupid it is to buy slabbed high grade comics. He didn't say it in those words exactly, but that was his implication.

Ian appreciates good craftsmanship...

Ian promotes another collector....

Ian has a Mom....

Ian can appreciate another collectors habits...

My point is...Ian is human too....I think if you read between the lines you can tell that Ian is probably a pretty good guy in person...you either accept him or you don't...I accept him... wink.gif

He also posted in my "Collecting Every Crisis On Infinite Earths" thread, didn't he? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He may have even laughed.

There were reports of it happening, I swear.

London trembled, but it happened. I SWEAR.

Oh, FOAD already, the whole sodding lot of you!

It struck me, that with all the postings Ian made, and all the time he spent on the boards, he doesn't seem to have cultivated any friends.

I love Ian! But, as I've stated before, I love *everybody*. I even love joe_collector.

then you are one sick puppy grin.gif

HOW DARE YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This phrase makes me think of my 4th grade teacher - the last time I heard this phrase was coming from her, all flustered and bothered about something I did confused-smiley-013.gif

Your written word is a worthless tissue of fabrication.

Charmin or Kleenex?

YOU DISGUST ME.

Pour on the melodrama, I can see the slapping of satin gloves across cheeks and pistols at dawn 27_laughing.gifsleeping.gif

YOU DISGUST ME.

Pour on the melodrama, I can see the slapping of satin gloves across cheeks and pistols at dawn 27_laughing.gifsleeping.gif

That probably turns him on

It struck me, that with all the postings Ian made, and all the time he spent on the boards, he doesn't seem to have cultivated any friends.

I love Ian! But, as I've stated before, I love *everybody*. I even love joe_collector.

893whatthe.gif