• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Complete DC Collection (and not from who you think)!!! Three Cheers!!!

188 posts in this topic

Wow, kudos to that guy for not coming on here and being an [!@#%^&^] in his quest to complete his collection. What a feat. Ian might as well give up now, what's the point. 27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Darth, if you weren't my friend already you would be because the Enemy of my Enemy is my friend! flowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif

And yes, I too reported Ian's bogus auctions.

It really is a shame. When Ian first appeared 1xx books away I was thrilled that the forum had gained such a knowledge DC collector. Sadly the only thing Ian seems interested in is to contantly tell us to search for his books, flame dealers and forumites, and attempt to restrict our bidding!

Furthermore, let's revisit the whole Double Action 2 fiasco: Foolkiller's buddy Joe was the one who turned up the Double Action 2. Once Ian found out that Joe had this book Ian called Joe repeatedly even at Joe's pharmacy despite Joe specifically and unambiguously telling him not to call. It doesn't stop there - Ian called Joe's store and harrassed his dad who helps out there. So Joe takes this book - his winning lottery ticket - and sells it to Metro, the best thing he ever did. Why? well, first off Metro made a very aggressive offer and secondly Metro has thrown Joe TONS of leads for collections that it just wouldn't make sense for Metro to buy and Joe has done really well from it. Ian obviously wouldn't have those connections but heh, in Ian's quest only his own satisfaction is what matters.

Now Metro has the book in hand. Despite receiving a legitimate offer for the DA 2 from a Canadian bidder (who only knew about the book from Ian crying about it on THESE forums) Metro sold them the book. You think that would make Ian happy, huh? Instead he [!@#%^&^] when Metro asks for Ian to cover the credit card fees on the transaction. It's never enough for Ian and his selfishness is completely apparent to anyone who has read more than 5 of his posts.

Good luck Ian, but God knows if I came across those 4 it would be a cold day in hell before they found their way to your hands. 893naughty-thumb.gif

DAM

893applaud-thumb.gif

You're the man Dave. I was preparing to make a similar summary, but you saved me the trouble. You're a nice guy, but you're not affraid to throw down against B.S when it counts. Respect. thumbsup2.gif

Good luck Ian, but God knows if I came across those 4 it would be a cold day in hell before they found their way to your hands. 893naughty-thumb.gif

DAM

So are the wheels in motion to deny Ian his books?

Only by me (and maybe Darth flowerred.gif) - Metro would sell them to Ian if they had them. They sold him the DA2.

Congratulations to Christine, if she really is the one who has come out and claimed a complete DC Collection. To have done it without the help of certain bigtime dealers just attests to the strength of the loyalty and alliances one can form in this community. It stands to reason that much more can be accomplished by a low-key sympathetic figure (humble collector in need who people want to help and appears grateful) as opposed to well, an "Ian".

I wouldn't actively deny the man his books and I really don't care either way if he finishes or not, but I've stated before that I'd call Metro up the first chance I got if I ever came across any from the wantlist, since Metro seems to have the "best luck" in dealing with "Ian-type" collectors - it always makes for a good forum story whenever Metro deals with him 27_laughing.gif - Besides 3 of the four are in the hands of MeEtro, Comiclink and Heritage anyway...it's only a matter of time before he caves and just gets it anyway. All of his indignant posturing about crooked dealers squeezing every cent out of him is just for show anyway... sleeping.gif

I recall joking with several local forum members about what would happen to Buzzy 70 if I ever came across one 893scratchchin-thumb.gifdevil.gif ...but that is another story to be rehashed at BaltmoreCon or the next Tysons event smile.gif

he brought a certain something to the boards. He just needs to have a bit of a thicker skin and realize that much of the [!@#%^&^] he gets here is simply him getting ripped.

Nope...what he needs to realize is that much of the [!@#%^&^] he gets here is simply his own doing. He's the most self-absorbed collector to ever grace these boards, and I doubt he's any less selfish in his day to day life. My tolerence for him ceased when he started talking about this woman, slandering her name in public when he knew she would never come on here to defend herself. And for what? Because she didn't want to talk to him? What kind of person dosen't understand, or respect someone else's (particularly a woman who lives alone) need for privacy?

The ONLY reason he is tolerated, and even defended on these boards, is because of his collecting accomplishment. If he had the same attitude, but his collecting quest was a complete "Hush" set in CGC 9.8, NO ONE would have tolerated him.

I recall joking with several local forum members about what would happen to Buzzy 70 if I ever came across one ...but that is another story to be rehashed at BaltmoreCon or the next Tysons event

Ahhh,..the Buzzy #70 kidnap/terrorist video,.....good times...... cloud9.gif

he brought a certain something to the boards. He just needs to have a bit of a thicker skin and realize that much of the [!@#%^&^] he gets here is simply him getting ripped.

Nope...what he needs to realize is that much of the [!@#%^&^] he gets here is simply his own doing. He's the most self-absorbed collector to ever grace these boards, and I doubt he's any less selfish in his day to day life. My tolerence for him ceased when he started talking about this woman, slandering her name in public when he knew she would never come on here to defend herself. And for what? Because she didn't want to talk to him? What kind of person dosen't understand, or respect someone else's (particularly a woman who lives alone) need for privacy?

The ONLY reason he is tolerated, and even defended on these boards, is because of his collecting accomplishment. If he had the same attitude, but his collecting quest was a complete "Hush" set in CGC 9.8, NO ONE would have tolerated him.

right on. Ian was an annoying pest. Thw way he conducted himself here was th ereason many of us got tired of hi sact even while we were excited by the quest. He seems to be an exceedinglky selfish all-for-me type of guy.

He should be on here right now congratulating Christine!! Right? Being a gracious good loser. Instead he's lurking, and sulking, and steaming somewhere wondering why "the world is against him"!??

speaking of sore losing, I just thought of something,

Ian goes beserk and quits the forum.

a few days later Christine announces shes done through a Diamond press release.

These things dont get mailed daily. Ill bet Ian threw his tantrum ALREADY KNOWING the race was over!!!

"This'll show those Forum reprobates!!"

They wont have Ian to kick around anymore...

Ian the Nixonian collector, seeing enemies all around him!!!

Wow, kudos to that guy for not coming on here and being an [!@#%^&^] in his quest to complete his collection. What a feat. Ian might as well give up now, what's the point. 27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Darth, if you weren't my friend already you would be because the Enemy of my Enemy is my friend! flowerred.gifflowerred.gifflowerred.gif

And yes, I too reported Ian's bogus auctions.

It really is a shame. When Ian first appeared 1xx books away I was thrilled that the forum had gained such a knowledge DC collector. Sadly the only thing Ian seems interested in is to contantly tell us to search for his books, flame dealers and forumites, and attempt to restrict our bidding!

Furthermore, let's revisit the whole Double Action 2 fiasco: Foolkiller's buddy Joe was the one who turned up the Double Action 2. Once Ian found out that Joe had this book Ian called Joe repeatedly even at Joe's pharmacy despite Joe specifically and unambiguously telling him not to call. It doesn't stop there - Ian called Joe's store and harrassed his dad who helps out there. So Joe takes this book - his winning lottery ticket - and sells it to Metro, the best thing he ever did. Why? well, first off Metro made a very aggressive offer and secondly Metro has thrown Joe TONS of leads for collections that it just wouldn't make sense for Metro to buy and Joe has done really well from it. Ian obviously wouldn't have those connections but heh, in Ian's quest only his own satisfaction is what matters.

Now Metro has the book in hand. Despite receiving a legitimate offer for the DA 2 from a Canadian bidder (who only knew about the book from Ian crying about it on THESE forums) Metro sold them the book. You think that would make Ian happy, huh? Instead he [!@#%^&^] when Metro asks for Ian to cover the credit card fees on the transaction. It's never enough for Ian and his selfishness is completely apparent to anyone who has read more than 5 of his posts.

DAM

893applaud-thumb.gif

You're the man Dave. I was preparing to make a similar summary, but you saved me the trouble. You're a nice guy, but you're not affraid to throw down against B.S when it counts. Respect. thumbsup2.gif

you guys are harsh frown.gif

as much as i found Ian to be annoying, i never had to read anything he posted or follow his quest if i didn't want to. high-strung - annoying - selfcentered - are all common enough traits. nothing to get overly exercised about IMO.

i hope he comes back and fulfills his quest soon.........i still find it fascinating and although he's been beaten to the punch at least once, it doesn't lessen the enormity of the accomplishment in my eyes. thumbsup2.gif AND i didn't get the opportunity to "be there" as the others happened..........

as much as i found Ian to be annoying, i never had to read anything he posted or follow his quest if i didn't want to. high-strung - annoying - selfcentered - are all common enough traits. nothing to get overly exercised about IMO.

But as I mentioned above, would you be saying this if his "quest" was less interesting....like a slabbed 9.8 run of some modern title? My guess would be no.

This reminds me of when Brulato showed himself briefly on the boards; he acted like a pompous [!@#%^&^], and STILL had people defending him. If it was anyone else, he would have been flamed to hell. And although he did take some heat, it was nothing compared to the unwarranted [!@#%^&^] that some others have taken, simply by presenting opinions that are not necessarily popular. People like Gene(De-lekkerste) for instance.....

But as I mentioned above, would you be saying this if his "quest" was less interesting....like a slabbed 9.8 run of some modern title? My guess would be no.

This reminds me of when Brulato showed himself briefly on the boards; he acted like a pompous [!@#%^&^], and STILL had people defending him. If it was anyone else, he would have been flamed to hell. And although he did take some heat, it was nothing compared to the unwarranted [!@#%^&^] that some others have taken, simply by presenting opinions that are not necessarily popular. People like Gene(De-lekkerste) for instance.....

but Genes opinions are totally separate from his Ian-like need to stay so singleminded in the pursuit of them. I think we all do a good job of allowing others to state and argue their own opinions.... the problem is that some people make it a crusade ignoring OTHER sides and wants and opinions. Its the OBSESSIVE nature of some posters that rubs people the wrong way.

Being here is no different than kindergarten: one must learn to get along with other children and play nicely! And we're ALL children, or we mustbe - - we;re still reading funny books arent we?

you guys are harsh frown.gif

i hope he comes back and fulfills his quest soon.........i still find it fascinating and although he's been beaten to the punch at least once, it doesn't lessen the enormity of the accomplishment in my eyes. thumbsup2.gif AND i didn't get the opportunity to "be there" as the others happened..........

Thanks Harry, you said it before I could. It was so obvious which threads were Ian-related threads, so exactly what gun was put to all of the detractors' heads forcing them to read them? It's not like you didn't know what you were in for.

I'm no fan of Ian's, and firmly believe a lot of his misery was of his own making. And if someone should find a book he's still missing and choose to withhold it, well, that's their own decision and a perfectly legimitate choice to make. But I find it disturbing that the lynch mob mentality has overtaken this thread so rapidly that some are now advocating ganging up to intentionally do something to block Ian's quest. Sorry, but there's a very clear line between disapproving of Ian and therefore not supporting him or even wishing that he fails, which is perfectly okay, and intentionally taking action to sabotage his efforts, which is just plain wrong, petty and spiteful.

Sorry, but there's a very clear line between disapproving of Ian and therefore not supporting him or even wishing that he fails, which is perfectly okay, and intentionally taking action to sabotage his efforts, which is just plain wrong, petty and spiteful.

Are you referring to the fact that his "want list auction" was reported? If so, that's not sabotage, that's just keeping people honest. Ebay is a very valuable tool, and I think it should be used correctly. It's already a mess as is.

must admit that you make a good point in making the 9.8 modern run comparison.

am thinking that if not for the fascinating nature of the accomplishment, i would be less forgiving. devil.gif

wish that i'd been around for Brulato's brief appearance. too bad he didn't stick, i'm sure he could lend some fascinating insight into the hobby........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Sorry, but there's a very clear line between disapproving of Ian and therefore not supporting him or even wishing that he fails, which is perfectly okay, and intentionally taking action to sabotage his efforts, which is just plain wrong, petty and spiteful.

Are you referring to the fact that his "want list auction" was reported? If so, that's not sabotage, that's just keeping people honest. Ebay is a very valuable tool, and I think it should be used correctly. It's already a mess as is.

No, that's legitimate since Ian broke the rules. I'm talking about some of the posts above where people seem to imply that they'll try to get the Tec 4 or the other remaining issues just to keep them from falling into Ian's hands.

wish that i'd been around for Brulato's brief appearance.

His collection is better than yours dammit!!!... sumo.gif

That's kinda how it went...thanks to our favorite instigator(sp?)...J_C... 27_laughing.gif

No, that's legitimate since Ian broke the rules. I'm talking about some of the posts above where people seem to imply that they'll try to get the Tec 4 or the other remaining issues just to keep them from falling into Ian's hands.

sounded like idle talk to me..... like anyone would spend 1000s just to fack with someone who is annoying that they dont really know.

must admit that you make a good point in making the 9.8 modern run comparison.

am thinking that if not for the fascinating nature of the accomplishment, i would be less forgiving. devil.gif

wish that i'd been around for Brulato's brief appearance. too bad he didn't stick, i'm sure he could lend some fascinating insight into the hobby........ 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

As for Brulato; I doubt he could lend any insight to us here, because I doubt he could ever "lower" himself enough to do so. His attitude makes me apreciate a guy like Doug(Tripps) even more.

Nobody on here is going to spend money on books just so Ian won't complete his quest. That is something that you shouldn't even bother with addresssing. Much of the slams against Ian in this thread are from people who have read his posts from the beginning. He is only been given some latitude, as COI pointed out, becuase of his collecting accomplishment.

If Ian were a little more low key and generally less self-centered, he would be much more appreciated on the boards. As I have said many times in the past, Ian has a very bad reputation among major dealers here in the US. This is due to his constant badgering and incessant phone calls. This attitude carries over to the boards.