• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fantastic #4 cgc ss 2.0 and #9 cgc s 2.0

63 posts in this topic

i think it was a dust shadow honestly im not sure my self it never says on the notes anywhere.. joel bought them from a person that was an original owner i believe or at least had had them for very long time. then he submitted a bunch of them for cgc ss. i bought the #4 and #9. as far as the crack goes. it wasn't huge. i could have been a major @ss to joel when i got the book back but i believed him that he didn't crack the case himself. i was very happy with them.

I think you're missing Bronty's larger point--no offense.

look it is what it is. i cant take better pictures unless somebody wants to loan me there scanner. the dust shadow or whatever it not sure and im not cracking the book to find out being that it signed and all. they are nice book and much brighter than the pics showed up, everybody knows the grades and the specifics cgc has listed. so if anybody wants to make an offer they can today after that they are gone.

You'd be amazed what a desk lamp and a cheap tripod will do for digital camera pictures. Most digicam blurriness is caused by the fact that its not humanly possible to keep your hand perfectly still while you are taking the pic (lack of light exacerbates the blurriness problem btw). When you make the camera rock steady with a tripod and add a light source with a lamp, your pics will look 10x better than you ever thought they would.

:news: Everyone here wants a DEAL.

Honestly, IMO, its usually the sellers that do well here. No ebay fees no paypal fees, no ebay and paypal hassles, immediate payment, reputable buyers 99% of the time.

I agree. On books above, say $1,000, almost every seller seems intent on setting a new GPA high.

one of my major problems with buying on here well for high dollar books is there is no guarantee the seller will send you anything paypal wont refund your money at least thats what they told me for transactions not ebay related.

No matter where the transaction takes place, Paypal's buyer protection covers you in case of non-delivery.

not what they told me. that the item in question or what it is could not be proven. outside of ebay. maybe i talked to the wrong person but I DID MY HOMEWORK.

This was taken directly from paypals website:

Link: https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

Purchase Protection covers all your online purchases, on eBay or on any other website, when you use PayPal. It also covers you when you make a payment on our website. You must open a dispute within 45 days of your purchase or payment to initiate the Purchase Protection process. Finally, your account must be in good standing with us to get Purchase Protection.

This was really hard to find BTW :facepalm:

ok lets say i buy a book from you and u get me confirmation and whole nine yards i get the box open it up and its just a stack of old magazines. 9 times out of item paypal looks if the tracking number said it got delivered other than that not much they can do in terms of proving what was sold and what the buyer did or didn't get. the confirmation # never told what the item was just where it came from and where it went.

ok lets say i buy a book from you and u get me confirmation and whole nine yards i get the box open it up and its just a stack of old magazines. 9 times out of item paypal looks if the tracking number said it got delivered other than that not much they can do in terms of proving what was sold and what the buyer did or didn't get. the confirmation # never told what the item was just where it came from and where it went.

This is totally incorrect. Paypal will not tell you this if your payment invoice states what is being purchased.

This is totally incorrect. Paypal will not tell you this if your payment invoice states what is being purchased.

+1

Two ways to combat this: 1) If you have any doubts, open your package in front of a postal/FedEx/UPS employee. They can provide an affidavit if necessary. And 2) buy from reputable sources and you'll never have a problem.

There are feedback threads on here for a reason....much better than eBay's feedback I might add.

(shrug) You can get shipped a brick with delivery confirmation just as easily on ebay as as anywhere else.

btw, what is your return policy?

You'd be amazed what a desk lamp and a cheap tripod will do for digital camera pictures. Most digicam blurriness is caused by the fact that its not humanly possible to keep your hand perfectly still while you are taking the pic (lack of light exacerbates the blurriness problem btw). When you make the camera rock steady with a tripod and add a light source with a lamp, your pics will look 10x better than you ever thought they would.
I have never owned a scanner.

action22.jpg

well my policy on here is the same as it is on ebay. on raw you don't like the grade send it back. need happy customers. cgc i don't take returns nearly all people on ebay do not. you dont like the grade on a cgc book take it up with cgc. now if your book is damaged and you bought insurance i will get it fixed. you didnt buy insurance well im sorry.

On high value items:

Have the seller send you a formal Paypal invoice stating the exact nature of the goods.

Pay with a credit card with Paypal.

Pay for Registered Mail shipping.

I have never owned a scanner.

action22.jpg

:takeit: