• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

on crack?

30 posts in this topic

So much for Josh keeping the asking prices of his consignors under control. foreheadslap.gif

Jeezuschristmas,...not even white pages,...not even a nice looking 9.4... blush.gif

::Cartman voice:: Hey! It is a 1971 9.4. I mean, a 1971 9.4. Who cares what it looks like! It is a 1971 9.4! I mean, seriously, guys.

Hey, I was 9.4 in 1971! 27_laughing.gifhi.gif

Jeezuschristmas,...not even white pages,...not even a nice looking 9.4... blush.gif

::Cartman voice:: Hey! It is a 1971 9.4. I mean, a 1971 9.4. Who cares what it looks like! It is a 1971 9.4! I mean, seriously, guys.

I wasn't born yet, so was I a 10.0? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Extremely high price. Not even a chance of anyone bidding 1/2 the asking price, so I don't think it will get a bid.

As for the look of the book, it has a miscut, but the rest of the book looks nicer than a 9.4.

I can't see one color break at all, and the scan washes out the colors. Looks like it could grade higher.

Funny, I was .94. smile.gif Would that make me closer to NM that you? Hell, I was just off the newsstand fresh.

The domino theory at work? I thought someone paid $1000 for one at the last Heritage auction 893scratchchin-thumb.gif so of course its instantly worth $1300 after that happens. Another hot potato it would seem.

The domino theory at work? I thought someone paid $1000 for one at the last Heritage auction 893scratchchin-thumb.gif so of course its instantly worth $1300 after that happens. Another hot potato it would seem.

That was for a 9.6 though. The last 9.4 sold for $427. insane.gif

I recently sold a WHITE 9.6 with perfect Q.P. for $800 off-line which I felt was closer to the real value of this book. (Part. with the 10% juice I would have had to add for selling it on ComicLink etc.)

Either that, or I just left $250 at the table, as the $1200 Heritage sale happened just after I had sold mine. foreheadslap.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gifpopcorn.gif

A friend of mine believes #232 in 9.6 WHITE will be a $1500 - $1800 book in a year's time. If he is right I will be pretty 893censored-thumb.giffrown.gif at my recent sale. I guess Jason E's seller would be even more frown.gif at his flat $2k 9.8 sale recently as that would then become a $3500 book !

(The 9.4 we are discussing would still be overpriced even in this scenario however).

Thoughts ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

A friend of mine believes #232 in 9.6 WHITE will be a $1500 - $1800 book in a year's time. If he is right I will be pretty 893censored-thumb.giffrown.gif at my recent sale. I guess Jason E's seller would be even more frown.gif at his flat $2k 9.8 sale recently as that would then become a $3500 book !

(The 9.4 we are discussing would still be overpriced even in this scenario however).

Thoughts ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Huge book. Will become a BA grail and will be in the Top 10 BA in Overstreet within 5-10 years.

Don't know if it will be $1500 in 12 months, but maybe 18-24, yes.