• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Joe Kubert's Tarzan of the Apes: Artist's Edition (Two versions)

15 posts in this topic

Hello Folks,

Joe Kubert's Tarzan of the Apes: Artist's Edition will be in comic shops next Wednesday. Additionally, you can order it direct from IDW starting tomorrow morning at 7:00 AM Pacific time. It collects issues 207-210, 212, 213 from Kubert's classic run.

At the same time we are making available a limited edition version. This book has a different cover and a bound in signature plate that is signed, remarqued (Tarzan head sketch) and numbered by Joe. These are one to a customer and they are limited to 181 copies. The price is $300, and $50 is being donated to a newly established Joe Kubert scholarship fund at the Joe Kubert School of Cartoon art. These also go on sale at 7:00 AM Pacific time.

I hope you all enjoy the book, this one is bittersweet for me.

Best,

Scott

I'm not going to pre-order any "regular" Artist's Editions from my LCS again. I've been burned on Daredevil, Groo, and now Tarzan.

I hope you don't feel burned on this one. We purposely released them at he same time, and the limited is not a show exclusive. There was a delay in releasing the information on the books, but that was an issue of respect to Joe, we didn't want to hawk books so soon after his passing.

But Scott, the "regular" Tarzan Artist's Edition was solicited months ago. Joe was still around when the book was solicited. IDW could have announced the limited edition at that time with the understanding that it would be offered at a con or on your website at a later date; everyone is showing their cards. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad the Tarzan limited edition exists but now I'm trying to get my order for the regular edition cancelled because I ordered the better version.

But Scott, the "regular" Tarzan Artist's Edition was solicited months ago. Joe was still around when the book was solicited. IDW could have announced the limited edition at that time with the understanding that it would be offered at a con or on your website at a later date; everyone is showing their cards. Don't get me wrong; I'm glad the Tarzan limited edition exists but now I'm trying to get my order for the regular edition cancelled because I ordered the better version.

We were set to have the books be available on August 14th, which obviously could not have happened. But in the future we'll definitely work to improve getting the word out on these sooner.

Thanks,

Scott

FYI, the regular edition of Joe Kubert's Tarzan of the Apes: Artist's Edition is out on Wednesday in comic shops. It is also available direct from IDW Publishing. And, as Trev points out above, the limited is still available. But we have less than 30 remaining, these won't be showing up at NYCC—or an other shows—from us!

FYI, the regular edition of Joe Kubert's Tarzan of the Apes: Artist's Edition is out on Wednesday in comic shops. It is also available direct from IDW Publishing. And, as Trev points out above, the limited is still available. But we have less than 30 remaining, these won't be showing up at NYCC—or an other shows—from us!

I can't believe you've got any left. It's the biggest no-brainer purchase I've heard this month*.

*testimony of an actual customer. They were not paid for their statements.