• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Daredevil #1 NM

74 posts in this topic

It appears to be this book from all_things_comics, previously bijoubaby

Recent Daredevil #1 purchase by welivecarpediem

Auction description:

The winning bidder will receive this absolutely stunning Daredevil #1 featuring the first appearance of Daredevil. I am giving this comic a grade of NM- 9.2 because it looks absolutely amazing! Please look at the pictures and judge for yourself. There is some color touch, a few tiny tear seals, and I believe the cover has been cleaned. It was very professionally done and is really hard to spot. The cover is super bright. The spine is very tight and looks excellent and all four corners are sharp. This comic has the look and feel of an extremely high grade comic. The comic is 100% complete. Both staples are firmly attached.

Nice work! Guess the seller may have a hard time getting 5K for this book (shrug)

Bottom looks trimmed.

all_things_comics/bijoubaby no doubt bought the book as a slabbed PLOD...and as is there MO...mention only some information about the restoration and if it was a trim job that would be particularly omitted...just enough info to let the seller know it's a restored book so it ain't comin' back...but omitting other aspects...especially trimming as PLOD to PLOD that would knock the value down another 50%... :boo:

It appears to be this book from all_things_comics, previously bijoubaby

Recent Daredevil #1 purchase by welivecarpediem

Original Auction description:

The winning bidder will receive this absolutely stunning Daredevil #1 featuring the first appearance of Daredevil. I am giving this comic a grade of NM- 9.2 because it looks absolutely amazing! Please look at the pictures and judge for yourself. There is some color touch, a few tiny tear seals, and I believe the cover has been cleaned. It was very professionally done and is really hard to spot. The cover is super bright. The spine is very tight and looks excellent and all four corners are sharp. This comic has the look and feel of an extremely high grade comic. The comic is 100% complete. Both staples are firmly attached.

o-rly-orly-owl.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but what am I looking for on the top edge?

Back cover, top edge.

There is an indent that starts about 1/2" from the left side and goes the entire length of the top edge until about 1/2" from the right side. So the two top corners (left and right) are a little taller than the centre of the book.

That indent comes from some covers making slight contact with the inner well of a CGC holder.

I've a feeling that will be the OP's last post under that name.....(Call me crazy)

By trying to sell a restored book as unrestored for five times what he paid he should be put in probation/HOS. Good night sweet prince!

+1

Call me crazy, but I'd say we don't really need new boardies that are looking to screw old boardies over. Keep an eye out for this book on eBay....or other venues.

Forgive my ignorance, but what am I looking for on the top edge?

Back cover, top edge.

There is an indent that starts about 1/2" from the left side and goes the entire length of the top edge until about 1/2" from the right side. So the two top corners (left and right) are a little taller than the centre of the book.

That indent comes from some covers making slight contact with the inner well of a CGC holder.

Ah yes, I see what you are saying.

It's possibly it is a coincidence no? Although, I would guess that is very unlikely.

It's possibly it is a coincidence no?

If the only data point was the visual I would say there is a 0.000001 percent chance of it being a co-incidence.

Now that it's been shown to be a book sold by a scammer I'd say there is no chance it's a co-incidence.

I don't like this kind of candy :(

Thanks to Roy for catching another sheeethead bazterd trying to put the screws to members of the Board.

Bravo sir...bravo ! :)

It wasn't Roy it was grinnin (page 3)... :makepoint:

Credit Roy with an assist... lol

I don't like this kind of candy :(

Thanks to Roy for catching another sheeethead bazterd trying to put the screws to members of the Board.

Bravo sir...bravo ! :)

It wasn't Roy it was grinnin (page 3)... :makepoint:

Credit Roy with an assist... lol

Ooops sorry for my mistake not givin' grinnin the initial credit...

Grinnin ran with ball and Roy was holdin' the cup.

I call that tag-teamin' MAN STYLE :o

We all bow to you both (worship)

That book looks like it was previously slabbed.

If you look at the back cover top edge, you can see the indentation that the slight contact with the inner well makes.

Is it true that slabbing may actually damage a comic as shown? About how many times have you seen this?