• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TTA Love Fest Post your scans

44 posts in this topic

Preacher prototype? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

smile.gif538787-TTA%20042.jpg

this cover just slays me. our SUPERHERO is about to fall into the water and DROWN?!?! no wonder Antman didn't make it.

and that one with the PROTECTOR - now he looks like a real kick- villain. 27_laughing.gif

Do the mylars fit in standard comic boxes??? The few that I have seem too tall and wide for my comic boxes....this is probably wht I didn't buy some before. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It depends on the size of the mylar and the size of the box. For the Silver/Golden Age mylars, I use magazine boxes because they don't fit into regular comic boxes that I buy at my LCS. But the modern age mylars fit fine in a regular box.

Preacher prototype? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

smile.gif538787-TTA%20042.jpg

this cover just slays me. our SUPERHERO is about to fall into the water and DROWN?!?! no wonder Antman didn't make it.

and that one with the PROTECTOR - now he looks like a real kick- villain. 27_laughing.gif

Yeah its PT Barnum's evil half brother and former ice cream truck salesman gone mad. Nice covers but man were those stories lame. I didn't know Antman couldn't swim. 27_laughing.gif

Do the mylars fit in standard comic boxes??? The few that I have seem too tall and wide for my comic boxes....this is probably wht I didn't buy some before. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It depends on the size of the mylar and the size of the box. For the Silver/Golden Age mylars, I use magazine boxes because they don't fit into regular comic boxes that I buy at my LCS. But the modern age mylars fit fine in a regular box.

The only caveat I would add is that I have seen magazine boxes (and own one myself) that while plently wide enough for Silver/Golden Age Mylar sleeves, they are not quite tall enough and scrunch down on the lip/opening of the sleeve when you put the lid on all way. Consequently, you really can't or shouldn't stack these boxes without the posibility of damaging the sleeve. I am specifically referring to E. Gerber brand Silver/Golden Archives in this instance. I don't know what brand the boxes are, though.

I'd post a TTA, but I don't own any. sorry.gif

However, I did get a another 8 TOS issues over the weekend. Maybe I'll scan and post a few of those tonight. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

That's what I thought as the few mylars I have house Silver Age comics. Do you just pur the comic straight in or do you put them in a regular bag and then slide them in? This wouldn't make sense, but I though I would ask anyway blush.gif

That's what I thought as the few mylars I have house Silver Age comics. Do you just pur the comic straight in or do you put them in a regular bag and then slide them in? This wouldn't make sense, but I though I would ask anyway blush.gif

I just put each book into a 4 mil mylar with a full back. Some people use the Mylite2s and a halfback, close the flap on the Mylite2 (which is basically a regular comic back made of mylar), and slide the whole shebang into a 4 mil mylar. I don't do this, but some people swear by it.

Got it!!!! I think I'll go with some of those lock tites and full backs. Start off with like 100 and then see how many more I need. I'll leave the moderns in the normal bags etc.

Thanks for the info FFB and anyone else that responded flowerred.gif

Burntboy,

Thanks...They are very close to that condition, but I touched up some parts of them for display purposes...The first one is a #1, that didnt have the number printed on it for some reason...Maybe because it was "too low" a number for potential buyers back then?

Eric

Jeffrey, that TTA 29 is one of the best of the Monster Covers! I only saw it for the first time last year. It puts the capital "I" in Invasion!

thumbsup2.gif