• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best Comic Book Movie of 2012?

Best Comic Book Movie of 2012?  

477 members have voted

1. 1. Best Comic Book Movie of 2012?

65 posts in this topic

TDKR was pretentious. I tried to like it but as time goes on...I just don't. It feels very disjointed and hollow. I didn't give a mess about "Robin" or that police commander. I thought it was pretty funny when he got mowed down in the street like some Revolutionary War British Soldier.

They should have played Tina Turner's "We Don't Need Another Hero" when Bruce emerged from the pit. Half that movie could have been an installment of Mad Max.

As for the Avengers...well I think they should have left Cap in the ice. He is so lame and so was his costume. He should not be the lamest one in a film that includes Black Widow and Hawkeye. Maybe it's because he has to play the boy scout role like Superman in The Dark Knight Returns but really less interesting than Hawkeye, that's a problem.

The 47 people who didn't vote for the Avengers are DC crybabies :baiting:

Or they just saw Dredd and it exceeded their expectations more than anything else on that list. (shrug)

The 47 people who didn't vote for the Avengers are DC crybabies :baiting:

Or they just saw Dredd and it exceeded their expectations more than anything else on that list. (shrug)

You're probably right though but I've always thought that is retarded logic. Everyone said the Avengers was awesome beyond belief and I didn't think it was the greatest movie ever so it sucked. I figure Dredd would be a steaming pile of manure and since it wasn't the worst movie ever, it was awesome and better than the Avengers. I know that's what some people are thinking :baiting:

Makes perfect sense to me :idea:

Waiting 30 years for a good Dredd movie and they nailed it with a $40million budget.

Waiting 30 years for any Avengers movie and they did a nice job with a $250+ million dollar budget.

Both are fulfilling for entirely different reasons, without the need to have it devolve into a "my movie rulez, your movie droolz" bit of existentialist patter.

Well it boils down to Avengers and DKR. I watched both of them 3 times on IMAX. After the 3rd time I found that Avengers was more fun the third time around. I will have to go with Avengers but I believe DKR was a better movie overall.

No contest. Avengers all the way!!! :sumo:

And I've seen all those movies .......... even Ghost Rider:Spirit of Vengeance :eek:

I'm sorry for that... :sick:

I sometimes hate my ocd need to watch every single movie that remotely catches my attention. Bad movies included. :insane:

No contest. Avengers all the way!!! :sumo:

And I've seen all those movies .......... even Ghost Rider:Spirit of Vengeance :eek:

I'm sorry for that... :sick:

I sometimes hate my ocd need to watch every single movie that remotely catches my attention. Bad movies included. :insane:

I can forgive almost anything for a comic book flick. Some are great summer fun at the theater, some are great "nothing's on cable let's watch that again" flicks, some are so bad they are good....but Spirits of Vengeance is almost as bad as "The Spirit".

The first Ghost Rider is watchable as background noise on cable when you've had a couple of beers. The Spirit make me physically ill despite all the eye candy. Spirits of Vengeance made me angry at myself for watching it.

I'm going purely off of how I felt when I walked out of the theater. Did I enjoy myself? Did I want to see it again/decide to buy it when it comes out on bluray?

Avengers may be standard comic book boiler-plate, the aliens are a cartoon threat, and there's really no surprise as to how it's going to end, but man I had a blast at this movie. Even my wife said she couldn't get over how much she enjoyed it. Granted, the Hulk was my favorite character as a kid so to not only see him finally get decent movie treatment but actually steal the show, well that scores tons of points for me.

TDKR on the other hand, I've been looking forward to it for 3 years, I loved the first two, but honestly I wasn't blown away or even mildly impressed with it. It wasn't horrible, it was just decent, nothing more. I think part of the problem is that it's basically the same plot as the first two: mentally deranged villain tries to break the spirit of the population of Gotham while using some type of WMD to wipe the city off the map. Too much of the same thing, like all those Superman movies where it's pretty much Luthor trying to do a land grab.

I just saw Avengers today, and it's a great movie, but is clearly a overrated fanboy favorite. The first half of the movie is pretty boring and luckily, the second half of the movie makes up for that, with its great, fun action scenes. The story is something that feels like your typical cartoony, comic book and felt like something that was written so that both kids and adults could enjoy it.

The Dark Knight Rises is a much better all around movie, that I enjoyed completely throughout. The action obviously, doesn't rival Avengers, but the story blows it away.

I remember how much people were praising Spider-Man 2 when it came out, and this feels somewhat like that. Avengers is definitely a great movie with lots of great action and fun scenes, but in I can see people forgetting about it just like Spider-Man 2. Avengers is better for the comic fanboy, while DKR is better for people who enjoy a good film.