• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rip off characters...

56 posts in this topic

Black Cat - Catwoman

Cyclops - The Comet

Gladiator, Hyperion - Superman

Squadron Supreme - JLA

Shi'ar Imperial Guard - Legion of Super-Heroes

Elektra - Sand Saref

Thanos - also originally based on Metron

Green Lantern - Nova

I haven't read much Nova outside of a handful of 70's issues, but they seem pretty similar to me.

Also as Nickwire suggested, Archie and Wilbur are nearly the same, with just differences in the supporting characters. I'm sure there were dozens of characters similar to one another during the GA when there were so many publishers and titles being published.

The only ones I can remember off hand are Wonder Warthog, Fabulous Freak Brothers, Fat Freddy's Cat, and the Cockroach Army.

Green Lantern - Nova

I always thought that Quasar was more a rip off of the Green Lantern. It's nega band do the same thing as the ring. But you are right also with Nova and the whole Nova Corps and Green Lantern Corps.

And what about Dead Pool / Death Stroke ? Dead Pool name is Wade Wilson and Death Stroke is Slade Wilson. They are both mercs and were a kinda similar mask.

Also Young Avengers / Teen Titans.

There is probably many many more lol!!!