• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my Cincy Comic Expo review.

13 posts in this topic

just now getting around to posting my Cincy Expo experience.

this was my 3rd year I setup as a dealer, and sadly it was my least successful as far as sales go. I did slightly above what my booth space cost. but I still had alot of fun and purchased a few things for myself.

I think the dollars got spread out more this year as there was sooo many books and other items in the room. I was only able to briefly walk around a few times and there were some amazing books in the room.

books I saw for sale by dealers:

Batman 1

Cap 1

Tec 31

Action 17, 24, 53, 62.

lots of early Marvel Mysteries.

AF15

here's a short list of books I sold:

Batman: Knightfall complete set $25

Batman 181 low grade $15

Killing Joke $30

Green Lantern #50 glow in the dark cover $20

Amazing Fantasy 15 reprint $10

the Cincinnati con has grown so much in just 3 years. Andrew (BuckBiggins) has done an amazing job in putting this show together every year and I hope the show continues to have success.

enough of my yappin' here's some pics.

me and Marisha at my booth

th_cincicon002.jpg

th_cincicon003.jpg

Catwoman and Riddler

th_cincicon004.jpg

Stormtrooper

th_cincicon005.jpg

Zombies

th_cincicon006.jpg

huge Lego town display with running train, very cool

th_cincicon007.jpg

th_cincicon008.jpg

Thor, Loki

th_cincicon009.jpg

Indy

th_cincicon010.jpg

I don't know this character. :blush:

th_cincicon011.jpg

my son in front of Batmobile, he loved the car.

th_cincicon012.jpg

that's all. thanks for reading. :)

Duuuuuude.....I wish I would have known you were a boardie! I checked out your AF #15 on Saturday and mentioned "Nice book". I'm sure I was the only one... (thumbs u

Overall, good show. Was pretty packed Saturday after lunch.

Coolest book I saw was a Captain America Comics #1 CGC 5.0 OWW. Niiiiiice book, but the dealer wasn't selling, just showing off.

Coolest book I saw was a Captain America Comics #1 CGC 5.0 OWW. Niiiiiice book, but the dealer wasn't selling, just showing off.

yeah, that's board member lhcomics. Leroy Harper. he's a great guy. don't feel bad he also wasn't selling his Bat #1. lol

yeah, that's board member lhcomics. Leroy Harper. he's a great guy. don't feel bad he also wasn't selling his Bat #1. lol

I couldn't have afforded it anyway. Just glad he brought it so that I sould see it in person!

I guess it's kinda showing off but I still get a kick out of seeing cool wall books at larger shows.

For a lot of attendees this is a big as it will ever get so they do get a thrill seeing or holding them.

As I posted in another Cincinnati thread it was great to see everyone. I loved the show and can't wait til next year.

Dude, again sorry about not connecting Sat night. I'm sure we would have had a great time. Soon though!

Leroy

I guess it's kinda showing off but I still get a kick out of seeing cool wall books at larger shows.

For a lot of attendees this is a big as it will ever get so they do get a thrill seeing or holding them.

As I posted in another Cincinnati thread it was great to see everyone. I loved the show and can't wait til next year.

Dude, again sorry about not connecting Sat night. I'm sure we would have had a great time. Soon though!

Leroy

I do the same, I put books from my personal collection on the wall that I'm not ready to sell for a few reasons, it gives fans of these books/characters the chance to see these books in person. (I had many people wanting to hold the AF15, Action 10), it also draws attention to your booth, which can result in other sales.

I very much enjoyed seeing and holding your Batman 1 and Tec 31 Leroy, thanks for letting me admire your beauties. :grin:

Leroy

I do the same, I put books from my personal collection on the wall that I'm not ready to sell for a few reasons, it gives fans of these books/characters the chance to see these books in person. (I had many people wanting to hold the AF15, Action 10), it also draws attention to your booth, which can result in other sales.

I very much enjoyed seeing and holding your Batman 1 and Tec 31 Leroy, thanks for letting me admire your beauties. :grin:

It also leaves room for the potential 'godfather' offer. "Hello, I'm the new hot actor/tech millionaire, whats the cost of the AF 15? $250K? Seems high, howabout $240K. Is cash ok?"