• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel/DC Comic Subscription Mailers Never Opened. COOL!!!

33 posts in this topic

Whole Lot is SOLD

So I recently acquired a collection from a man who used to receive about 30+ titles on subscription. The last year or so of his subscriptions he never took the books out of the mailers and they have been stored that way ever since. The ends of each is open and I'm not sure if they came that way or if he took them out and put them back, but they appear to me to have never been touched form the couple I took out.

These are a pretty cool display/ephemera item. I've seen a few before but never a large batch like I uncovered.

I have about 300 of these and figured boardies would want first shot.

The comics inside have fantastic gloss and color but that 40 year old bend isn't coming out. Some have a little wear along the outside edges.

Great item for display and cool item that is historic and led to exploding sales throughout the 60's and 70's.

Titles: About 70% is Marvel and 30% DC. There are between 1 and 10 of each title. Titles are all over the place from Where Monsters Dwell to Phantom Stranger to X-Men.

Requests: You can request 1 of a title, but once specific titles are used up I'll just grab one at random.

Shipping: Is paid by you and at exact. I can ship these relatively cheaply in a padded envelope.

Payment: Paypal only

Price: $5 each....Bulk deal available if you want more than 10. Just PM me to discuss

The mailers and books in this pic are the ones I'm keeping! I think they are pretty awesome display pieces!

sub003.jpg

sub002.jpg

sub001.jpg

can we ask for specific issues? or just titles?

:pullhair: if the buyer(best collector ever) would sell 10-20 (or any number) random books it would make this collector very happy. I subscribed during that timeframe also and think it would be cool to have as a reminder of the good old days. :wishluck:

Alrighty then :applause:

By the way there were no Our Army at War....just a ton of Our Army at War in the collection, all with sub-creases

:(

Did you purchase his whole collection or just the mailers? There are some OAAW I need as readers and nicely presenting copies with sub creases would be perfect for that.

The comics inside have fantastic gloss and color but that 40 year old bend isn't coming out.

Press them to death ...

It can be done. Try searching the GA section for a thread about a copy of Human Torch #12 that was kept rolled up in a coffee can for years. I think it was pressed and graded as a 7.0?