• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

first problem with ebay buyer

317 posts in this topic

I don't think I've ever seen a Mile High II listing on eBay that didn't say it was a Pedigree.

Should have been a non issue IMO but if the buyer wants a refund, give him a refund and be done with him (thumbs u

Give him a full refund and get your book back.

Don't negotiate with buyer's remorse.

Remember, the OP advertised this comic book as being a PEDIGREE when in fact it wasn't.

That's not an accurate statement.

CGC is a company that people can choose or not choose to have their books certified by.

CGC is not the international governing body legally empowered to determine pedigree status for the globe and subsequently which pedigrees shall have their epaulets stripped from them in a shaming ceremony in front of all the cool kids in the quad during lunch.

Whether it's a pedigree to their standards is not the same thing as whether the books is from a pedigree collection recognized elsewhere.

Frankly, it doesn't matter very much unless it's from a top 10 pedigree collection, because that term has become more watered down than the amount of "chicken" actually in chicken nuggets.

We've found Linguini's international sibling. lol

Wow, you're really reaching there. Not even remotely close.

Please try again. grandmaisalush_zpsd33d7450.gif

Be advised - if you have a sister, Dice can get pretty mean.

OP are you Kermit?

Im looking at recent sales of raw comics that used Pedigree in their description and the top few completed sales were

JLA 29 Wythville Pedigree (from KermitsPad)

ASM 67 Wythville Ped (same)

kermit is that you?

Excellent investigation, sir.

If it is Kermit, we'll never hear from him. Once his cover is blown, he's toast.

I just want the OP to post the link to the auction so we can all see what this is about.

I read "what this is about" in the first post.

Why you are off on some witch hunt is beyond me. The very worst the OP could be guilty of is a little bit of hucksterism.

The buyer, on the other hand, sounds like an extortionist.

I don't think I've ever seen a Mile High II listing on eBay that didn't say it was a Pedigree.

Should have been a non issue IMO but if the buyer wants a refund, give him a refund and be done with him (thumbs u

Buyer wants a 10% refund to compensate for the fact that the comic book in question is not from a PEDIGREE collection recognized by CGC.

The OP listed it as a PEDIGREE, so therein lies the out for the buyer to make his demand.

I say give the buyer his 10% refund, get the POSITIVE feedback. Done deal.

Regarding the Mile High 2 collection, I'm not sure of the actual effective date when CGC ruled it would not recognize it as a PEDIGREE on it's labels.

Who are you now? Cal? lol

Hahahaha! lol Perish the thought!

I guess that Richard Head fellow just riled me up a bit. :cool:

If you knew that "Richard Head fellow" in the least you'd be happy that the Hulk passed you by and only stepped on your toe.

I don't suggest running behind him trying to get his attention....lest you be granted your wish.

I say give the buyer his 10% refund, get the POSITIVE feedback. Done deal.

Give the buyer no partial refund, get the NEGATIVE feedback. We don't negotiate with extortionists.

CGC is a company that people can choose or not choose to have their books certified by.

CGC is not the international governing body legally empowered to determine pedigree status for the globe and subsequently which pedigrees shall have their epaulets stripped from them in a shaming ceremony in front of all the cool kids in the quad during lunch.

Whether it's a pedigree to their standards is not the same thing as whether the books is from a pedigree collection recognized elsewhere.

Frankly, it doesn't matter very much unless it's from a top 10 pedigree collection, because that term has become more watered down than the amount of "chicken" actually in chicken nuggets.

Actually, none of us have seen the actual auction listing, so it's really difficult to discuss this reasonably.

The word PEDIGREE has different meanings to many people. In the comic book collecting world, I think most of know what the word means.

We haven't seen the auction listing to see how the word PEDIGREE was used.

We really need to see the auction link before discussing this further. I wonder where the OP went? hm

Why you are off on some witch hunt is beyond me. The very worst the OP could be guilty of is a little bit of hucksterism.

I'm not on a witch hunt!

I'm intrigued by this.

We need a link to the actual eBay auction listing.

However, on it's face, use of word PEDIGREE in the OP's auction was not honest or accurate. That's an undisputed fact.

:screwy:

Really? So it was a comic book from a PEDIGREE collection recognized by CGC? 1165.gif

Really? So PEDIGREES only exist because CGC recognizes them. Pedigrees have been in existence for almost 40 years that I remember and CGC has only been around just a skosh over 25% of that time.

Why the hangup on what CGC thinks? Things can exist entirely exclusive of their involvement, can't they?

They don't even grade issues of 2000AD, does that mean they don't exist either?1165.gif

I hear you. Sorry to seem witch-hunt-y... more just "bored on Friday and looking to try and suss out what the full story was about the listing" (dont most people posting ebay questions/problems link to the auction?)

yep the buyer may be trying to extort (or not)

yep the seller may have been a huckster (or not)

buyer should have done more independent research

seller should have done more disclosure (if he knew of the de-certification) or been more aware of his product if he didnt.

If you knew that "Richard Head fellow" in the least you'd be happy that the Hulk passed you by and only stepped on your toe.

I don't suggest running behind him trying to get his attention....lest you be granted your wish.

Surely you jest.

Internet tough guys come and go. Everyone can act like they want on an anonymous internet forum like this without fear of reprisals or repercussions.

I'm not intimidated in the least. Why should I? Because you said so?

Z-Cat.gif

Let's take it up a notch.

OP's listing:

IMSM Diamond Run Pedigree

WOW!

Look at the way he used the word PEDIGREE!

In the title:

Diamond Run Pedigree - High Grade CGC Ready

In the listing:

This is from the prestigious Diamond Run Pedigree.

Shady as it gets!

Z-ClownPrisoner.gif

Actually, none of us have seen the actual auction listing, so it's really difficult to discuss this reasonably.

The word PEDIGREE has different meanings to many people. In the comic book collecting world, I think most of know what the word means.

We haven't seen the auction listing to see how the word PEDIGREE was used.

We really need to see the auction link before discussing this further. I wonder where the OP went? hm

Seriously?

The OP came here looking for help and asked a question.

You told him he was nuts, accused him of fraud, stated that he shipped BS and would be lucky to receive only negative feedback.

Now you're wondering where he went?

Let's take it up a notch.

OP's listing:

IMSM Diamond Run Pedigree

I was just about to post that link as possibly being the book in question. Both the OP and the eBay seller are both in Georgia.

Nothing appears too shady in that listing. The OP I think is just the victim of finding something out about a book that he didn't know when he sold it.

Kind of a double-edged sword. I want this to be a great Friday thread, but I also don't think the OP needs to be lambasted, either.