• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

first problem with ebay buyer

317 posts in this topic

No partial refunds. Allow me to repeat: NO PARTIAL REFUNDS. This is de rigueur for eBay buyers lately and it's total scamtastic krap. How did he come up with 10% anyway?

Also, as someone has mentioned, listing something as a pedigree when it isn't and then ex post facto rationalizing that the buyer "should have done his homework" or whatever is equally craptastic.

However, return for full refund or nothing. 2c

Friday :whee:

lol

I'm waiting for Sean to carve him up into little pieces.

Cueing up "One of These Day's" by Pink Floyd as we speak.

Why would I spend any time on a Bangkok ladyboy with a tenuous grip on the language, and terrific anger issues. Unlike MODOK I really couldn't care less, and onto Ignore with the rest of the Pecker PatrolTM he goes.

:whee:

I demand a roll call. :popcorn:

lol

Why would I spend any time on a Bangkok ladyboy with a tenuous grip on the language, and terrific anger issues. Unlike MODOK I really couldn't care less, and onto Ignore with the rest of the Pecker PatrolTM he goes.

:whee:

I demand a roll call. :popcorn:

Reporting for duty, sir!!!

Wait...

Why are you even on these boards? All you do is slam CGC, slam other board members and pretty much try and spread BS everywhere you post.

CGC is not the end all of deciding what is or isn't a pedigree. Just because they no longer will tag a book that it is from a certain pedigree doesn't mean that the entire comic community agrees with them.

OP the buyer doesn't have any remorse, he is just angle shooting to try and rip you off and demand an extra discount that is not justified.

As mentioned tell him he can get a full refund if he sends it back in the original condition or he can keep the book for what he paid. There is no middle ground with buyers like this. I would bet he has pulled this on others and will continue to pull this going forward. Also I would forward all the info to eBay so they can flag his account.

You're misplaced animosity towards me is laughable.

I slam CGC because they're refusing to expand their operations to meet the exponentially growing market demand for their grading services. They know they are a de facto monopoly and are sheparding everyone to the more expensive express pricing since the turn around times from their economy submissions is ridiculous. Also, they now charge for graders notes when they were FREE before.

Inconvenient truth to you, eh?

I do not slam other board members. I engage in spirited lively debate where warranted. I do not spread BS as you say.

The advice you give to the OP will definitely get him a NEGATIVE feedback remark. Guaranteed.

Also, the crux of the entire matter is the use of word PEDIGREE in the auction title and/or description. That is inaccurate. Fact.

By using this single word, the OP invited this upon himself.

The best advice is to give the buyer the 10% and I am very confident he will get a POSITIVE feedback remark.

That's what it boils down to anyway. How important is feedback to the OP? Only he can answer that question.

However, on it's face, use of word PEDIGREE in the OP's auction was not honest or accurate. That's an undisputed fact.

:screwy:

Really? So it was a comic book from a PEDIGREE collection recognized by CGC? 1165.gif

However, on it's face, use of word PEDIGREE in the OP's auction was not honest or accurate. That's an undisputed fact.

It's not an undisputed fact. Honesty only comes into the equation if you think that the OP knew the pedigree had been revoked beforehand AND decided to include it in the auction description anyway hoping to con potential buyers. I've seen nothing from his posts to indicate that's the case.

You could argue the toss as to the accuracy, but we haven't seen the listing so it's certainly not "undisputed".

Your posts make him out to be a bad guy and are pretty alarmist as to negative feedback and possible criminal behaviour. That's unneccesary.

I am in a conundrum with a sale i made on ebay.

Believe it or not, i have been selling on there for years and only now run into my first real issue that i dont know what to do with.

Sold a book on there.....it is from a pedigree that has since been revoked by CGC, but the name of the collection was clearly stated in the ad.

Also i posted high res scans of the book which clearly show a crease in the cover.

The buyer messaged me this morning and said i misrepresented the item. He says he checked and the pedigree has been revoked so i shouldnt have used that term. In my opinion he could have checked this out before he bought the book.

Also he says that i didnt explain that there was a crease in the cover, even though the pictures clearly show that there is one.

My problem is this....he says he is unhappy but wants to keep the book and that i can make this right by giving him a 10% refund.

Is it just me or does that sound like someone who realized they may have overpaid for the book after the fact and wants to recoup some of his money?

I feel like i am being held hostage since if i dont pay it he will probably put in negative feedback.

Help?

Offer a refund in full and be done with him.

It's not an undisputed fact. Honesty only comes into the equation if you think that the OP knew the pedigree had been revoked beforehand AND decided to include it in the auction description anyway hoping to con potential buyers. I've seen nothing from his posts to indicate that's the case.

You could argue the toss as to the accuracy, but we haven't seen the listing so it's certainly not "undisputed".

Your posts make him out to be a bad guy and are pretty alarmist as to negative feedback and possible criminal behaviour. That's unneccesary.

You're 100% correct. Until we see the actual listing, this is all hot air and speculation.

I already asked the OP "when" he knew this alleged PEDIGREE was decertified by CGC.

We're all waiting for his answers as well as a link to the actual auction itself.

The OP has been absent throughout this entire thread. It would be nice to hear from him, wouldn't it?

Regarding the feedback issue, I presume you're not an eBay Seller with much frequency. Go to eBay Seller Central and you'll read some real horror stories with regards to feedback.

Fact is, eBay doesn't back Sellers much. They're very pro Buyer. Sellers have not been able to leave negative feedback for rogue buyers since 2008. Sellers can only leave positive feedback. Even if they're screwed. Sad but true.

OP are you Kermit?

Im looking at recent sales of raw comics that used Pedigree in their description and the top few completed sales were

JLA 29 Wythville Pedigree (from KermitsPad)

ASM 67 Wythville Ped (same)

kermit is that you?

Excellent investigation, sir.

If it is Kermit, we'll never hear from him. Once his cover is blown, he's toast.

I just want the OP to post the link to the auction so we can all see what this is about.

lol

Carve who up? Me?

You don't know me very well ...... an_wink.gif

We've found Linguini's international sibling. lol

OP are you Kermit?

Im looking at recent sales of raw comics that used Pedigree in their description and the top few completed sales were

JLA 29 Wythville Pedigree (from KermitsPad)

ASM 67 Wythville Ped (same)

kermit is that you?

Excellent investigation, sir.

If it is Kermit, we'll never hear from him. Once his cover is blown, he's toast.

I just want the OP to post the link to the auction so we can all see what this is about.

I dont think it is... as I look at the OPs past posts it seems like he lives within an hour of ATL (based on his Dragoncon post) and KermitPad is up in VA...

so my investigation is all for naught...