• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clone

1,853 posts in this topic

You are off a bit with your rationalization here. X-Men #141 and #142 have always been fast sellers. Did the movie bump help? Definitely. However, I have always been able to get above guide in grade for those two books at shows when I have them.

As far as Sgt. Fury, take a look at prices on ST #135 and let me know if the movies had zero effect on pricing a couple of years before the new TV show.......

Clone has pulled back since the initial hype and now it is a wait and see game until it is actually in production. There are so many properties that have been optioned/licensed but not produced that unless you are the first to dump the books on an announcement the frothiness is gone from the market. Add in the fact that the writer has not been overly successful with his previous TV attempts and there is no guarantee it will ever be produced. While Kirkman's involvement helps, how is the ToT series coming along?

I decided to test the waters today with a run of #1-4 and it only hit $25. I picked them up for half cover at a LCS on sale so I am happy with the nice tidy return as I was worried I would be stuck with the books long term. However, my #1-5 set of the likely cancelled by now Nowhere Men #1-5 is sitting at $39 with time left, no movie/tv prospects, and likely no new issues after #6 (if it is ever released). lol

Given the confidence, anybody here still buying or is everybody just selling? lol

Buying more and more everyday [of each issue]

Been buying since it came out. Love the story! Have plenty of #1's but still picking up #2-#4 if I can find them at cover. (thumbs u

For the shield TV show, I am referring not to Nick Fury but more towards the characters such as Agent Phil Coulson which has not seen not of a price bump i.e. battle scars 6. Given that he is the main lead, it is surprising to see the prices so stagnant when something like Clone has seen some price appreciation.

For the shield TV show, I am referring not to Nick Fury but more towards the characters such as Agent Phil Coulson which has not seen not of a price bump i.e. battle scars 6. Given that he is the main lead, it is surprising to see the prices so stagnant when something like Clone has seen some price appreciation.

ugghhh that tv show looks like Heroes all over again. not to mention, its Agent Coulson...he's no Iron Man ;)

ugghhh that tv show looks like Heroes all over again. not to mention, its Agent Coulson...he's no Iron Man ;)

That is preciously the point. With agents of shield, we can see the trailer and judge whether it might be good or not. With clone, there is nothing. For all we know, the trailer might be even worse but yet people are willing to spend $$ to speculate on something so intangible.

I guess buying Clone is a better investment than buying every issue that comes out of every book. At least Clone has a better chance of being a show than the thousands of books that come out every year. Plus storing every book that comes out is a pain. To get a stack of every book that comes out hoping that they will go up wouldn't be worth it. Have you ever seen that show about Hoarders. I have a hard enough time storing everything.

Not sure why, but I'm having trouble finding issue #3. Does this issue have the lowest print-run of the series so far? hm

Meck

I have found many copies of everything but #3 in my area as well.

Same here. #3 is the hardest to find for me.