• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clone

1,853 posts in this topic

:golfclap: Beautiful cover and as usual another great issue, there hasn't been a letdown yet in the entire series. Clone, Sheltered, Nailbiter, Southern Bastards = it was the best new comic book day from Image in a long time

:golfclap: Beautiful cover and as usual another great issue, there hasn't been a letdown yet in the entire series. Clone, Sheltered, Nailbiter, Southern Bastards = it was the best new comic book day from Image in a long time

I agree ! East of West (best issue yet imo) and Enormous came out too. Christmas in July ! :banana:

hahah I read this weeks books in this order: Southern Bastards, Sheltered, Clone, Nailbiter, EoW, Lazarus. all great issues. How does Image keep this up? scratch that..I hope they keep it up.

It's interesting in the letter page where they mention Skybound told them to slow the story down. I could feel that this issue. Still love it though.

yea man...really digging this book...I wonder whats gonnahappen to Luke and Amelia .... love the art in this book the detail is awesome.......could have grabbed a lot of back issues of this a while back.... are they hard to get now? I have 2 #1s

The price of #1s have stayed pretty much the same over the past year. It was about the same price range from when it was picked up by NBC/Universal (late-Summer-2013) to the subsequent updates during NBC Universal's 2014/15 'Upfront' presentations (late-Apr-2014).

Currently, it's about the same price as a Sex Criminals #1 -- if not, a buck cheaper.

If Clone starts to get red hot, the later issues are going to be real tough to find; there's only ~4,800 of each issue.

After the success of Orphan Black (BBC) and Schulener's A+ writing, I really hope/think/speculate that the show will air.

yea man...really digging this book...I wonder whats gonnahappen to Luke and Amelia .... love the art in this book the detail is awesome.......could have grabbed a lot of back issues of this a while back.... are they hard to get now? I have 2 #1s

The price of #1s have stayed pretty much the same over the past year. It was about the same price range from when it was picked up by NBC/Universal (late-Summer-2013) to the subsequent updates during NBC Universal's 2014/15 'Upfront' presentations (late-Apr-2014).

Currently, it's about the same price as a Sex Criminals #1 -- if not, a buck cheaper.

If Clone starts to get red hot, the later issues are going to be real tough to find; there's only ~4,800 of each issue.

After the success of Orphan Black (BBC) and SChulener's A+ writing, I really hope/think/speculate that the show will air.

#10 was the hardest to find when I sought out multiples for sets, the last 2 recent issues are pretty tough as well. Stores, around here anyway, aren't ordering more than a few copies so as hard as it is to find them, getting 9.8's of #10-up is going to be a task

It is beyond crazy that the book doesn't sell at least three times as many copies.

Patrick

*Fixed*

I agree, makes no sense. Good art, good read, Skybound, and TV speculation on top of all of that.

There are some terrible books doing 2-3 times what Clone is doing monthly and that is not to even mention the drivel that the big 2 put out. Do people really have that bad of tastes or is it the marketing maybe? I just don't get it.

It is beyond crazy that the book doesn't sell at least three times as many copies.

Patrick

*Fixed*

I agree, makes no sense. Good art, good read, Skybound, and TV speculation on top of all of that.

There are some terrible books doing 2-3 times what Clone is doing monthly and that is not to even mention the drivel that the big 2 put out. Do people really have that bad of tastes or is it the marketing maybe? I just don't get it.

(shrug) yea I don't get it either... Im downtown today .. Gonna pop into a couple of shops see what issues I can find ...

:grin:

On the "why isn't it more popular" front...the synopsis seemed like any other clone story. I really didn't find the story all that engaging until about half way through, too. Now it is one of my favorite reads; it is a title I really look forward to now.

The art has always been pretty awesome, I think, but I wouldn't be surprised if some people don't like it as it is highly stylized.

On the "why isn't it more popular" front...the synopsis seemed like any other clone story. I really didn't find the story all that engaging until about half way through, too. Now it is one of my favorite reads; it is a title I really look forward to now.

This is a possible good reason why it would flourish on TV. The genericness of the perceived show could bring in hoards of passive viewers that just want generic, as well as viewers like us Viewers_Like_You_Reading_Rainbow.png , and the engaging story could retain both types of the viewing public. Anyhoo, I have short-boxes of #1 and #1 second prints, so I'm all for it either way.

This is a possible good reason why it would flourish on TV. The genericness of the perceived show could bring in hoards of passive viewers that just want generic, as well as viewers like us Viewers_Like_You_Reading_Rainbow.png , and the engaging story could retain both types of the viewing public. Anyhoo, I have short-boxes of #1 and #1 second prints, so I'm all for it either way.

Well said ...

Now any chance ya sell me a #1 2nd print .. :baiting:

Well said ...

Clone 1 12/12 Image Comics Second Printing Modern 9.8 WHITE David Schulner story

Juan Jose Ryp cover & art Wraparound cover.

worth monies you say hm

Well said ...

Clone 1 12/12 Image Comics Second Printing Modern 9.8 WHITE David Schulner story

Juan Jose Ryp cover & art Wraparound cover.

worth monies you say hm

Clone12ndPrint_zpse2645f52.jpg

I have two of the only 5 on the census :cloud9: