• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Ok guys, this is nuts... Few posts ago I told you the Forbidden Planet story... So I thought, why noy try them online... and this is the result!!!

Forbidden Planet ORDER CONFIRMATION received.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for placing an order with forbiddenplanet.com.

This email is acknowledgement of receipt of your order, which has been passed to our Mail Order department to be processed.

Please check the following order information (tax has been added or subtracted from all prices, where applicable):

Order reference number: 50251658.

Transaction Date: 30 January 2013

Cat No: 2732732

Item: Nowhere Men #3 x 40

Price: 78.00 GBP

Subtotal: 78.00 GBP

Postage : 5.50 GBP

Total: 83.50 GBP

:headbang:

Ok guys, this is nuts... Few posts ago I told you the Forbidden Planet story... So I thought, why noy try them online... and this is the result!!!

Dear Customer,

This email is acknowledgement of receipt of your order, which has been passed to our Mail Order department to be processed.

Please check the following order information (tax has been added or subtracted from all prices, where applicable):

I tried to put a big order through them a month ago I believe it was Nowhere men 1, they gave me a quote and told me the order was good, I sent the creditcard info only to get an email a few days later claiming they can only send 1 per customer.

Dear Customer,

I tried to put a big order through them a month ago I believe it was Nowhere men 1, they gave me a quote and told me the order was good, I sent the creditcard info only to get an email a few days later claiming they can only send 1 per customer.

I'm trying to remember if this type of thing has ever happened to me.... lol

Dear Customer,

Sorry to say but they do this all the time. Accept orders then cancel. My guess will be you will get 5 of them.

BTW what about 2nd prints of #2 worth a shot to go for 10 or so copies?

Hard to say. Generally 2nd prints are less desirable than first (by a lot), however we are dealing with a mania scenario. I don't have any, but would like 3-4. Your call...

Yeah there is a frenzy hitting this book now it seems. I talked to my friends that work at my secondary shop and they said they had an unusual amount of customers coming early in the morning just to get #3. Usually they spread out putting new copies on the rack throughout the day so everyone has a chance to get one but they told me they had to put it all up by 1145 due to the rush. They were all gone when I decided to go back at noon and I saw a ton of cars there when i passed it around 11 on the way to the other store. Granted we also have severe tornado warnings and storms going on but that didnt really hit hard till 1

I was the first one at my main store and they only had 3 on the shelf. Guy told me only a couple people other than me have it on pull list but a lot more people have been adding it this week.

Good thing I have something awesome coming in the mail this week :P

Edited by wushugushu

Hey, someone pointed this thread out to me and I wanted to first say, thanks for taking the interest in the book. Nate, Steven, Jordie and I are all putting a tremendous amount of work into this, and it's cool that you've decided it's worth collecting.

Secondly, since you guys seem to be basing your print run information off the sales estimates posted on ICV2.com and elsewhere, I thought I'd share some info with you.

To begin with, those numbers do not encapsulate the entire print for ANY comic. Those are order estimates only, and what's more, they only take into account U.S. orders. Orders made through Diamond UK are not included. What's more, the number that is reported is only what has invoiced through Diamond before the month closes out. Generally speaking, the number reported online represents the orders for a title at the time initial orders are cut off. (This occurs around three weeks before the in-store date.)

Beyond that, the copies sent to Diamond do not constitute the entire print run. Image distributes comp copies to a variety of outlets, plus the individual members of the creative team request copies in various amounts.

So that said, these are the actual print runs for the book so far:

NWM 1 - 13,825 (13,500 to Diamond)

NWM 1 Thought Bubble Exclusive - 850 (500 to Thought Bubble)

NWM 1 Second Printing - 2,550 (2,400 to Diamond)

NWM 2 - 9,350 (9,034 to Diamond)

NWM 2 Second Printing - 3,650 (3,400 to Diamond)

NWM 3 - 9,347 (9,028 to Diamond)

Issue three was sold out at Diamond as of this Monday, and a second printing is on the way. Also, for what it's worth, as of now, it's looking like orders for issue four will be higher than those for issue three.

Anyway, thanks again for the support, it means a lot, but also -- save some copies for others. As you know, the value on books like this is only sustained if the book is successful, and the only way NWM will be successful over the long haul is a) if we do our jobs and make it good, and b) new readers continue to discover it.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Hey, someone pointed this thread out to me and I wanted to first say, thanks for taking the interest in the book. Nate, Steven, Jordie and I are all putting a tremendous amount of work into this, and it's cool that you've decided it's worth collecting.

Secondly, since you guys seem to be basing your print run information off the sales estimates posted on ICV2.com and elsewhere, I thought I'd share some info with you.

To begin with, those numbers do not encapsulate the entire print for ANY comic. Those are order estimates only, and what's more, they only take into account U.S. orders. Orders made through Diamond UK are not included. What's more, the number that is reported is only what has invoiced through Diamond before the month closes out. Generally speaking, the number reported online represents the orders for a title at the time initial orders are cut off. (This occurs around three weeks before the in-store date.)

Beyond that, the copies sent to Diamond do not constitute the entire print run. Image distributes comp copies to a variety of outlets, plus the individual members of the creative team request copies in various amounts.

So that said, these are the actual print runs for the book so far:

NWM 1 - 13,825 (13,500 to Diamond)

NWM 1 Thought Bubble Exclusive - 850 (500 to Thought Bubble)

NWM 1 Second Printing - 2,550 (2,400 to Diamond)

NWM 2 - 9,350 (9,034 to Diamond)

NWM 2 Second Printing - 3,650 (3,400 to Diamond)

NWM 3 - 9,347 (9,028 to Diamond)

Issue three was sold out at Diamond as of this Monday, and a second printing is on the way. Also, for what it's worth, as of now, it's looking like orders for issue four will be higher than those for issue three.

Anyway, thanks again for the support, it means a lot, but also -- save some copies for others. As you know, the value on books like this is only sustained if the book is successful, and the only way NWM will be successful over the long haul is a) if we do our jobs and make it good, and b) new readers continue to discover it.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

:applause: