• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Would these two issues be considered first appearances?

I think that depends on how you look at it. Characters have different names and in at least one instance, a completely different appearance. There are major story differences. It's called the same thing, but that's about it.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

But Eric didn't you basically use the preview in invincible 19 in Nowhere Men #3? They are very similar pages and dialogue.

Similarities between Invincible 19 preview and Nowhere Men #3 I'm not sure if you can read the dialogue but it is very similar.

BCndoX1CIAAUH2s.jpg

BCndt5MCcAA56oZ.jpg

Edited by buddymagoo

But Eric didn't you basically use the preview in invincible 19 in Nowhere Men #3? They are very similar pages and dialogue.

Similar, but not the same. Characters' names aren't the same, circumstances aren't the same, and the page in INV 20 definitely have nothing to do with anything at this point.

That crack about the TWD Previews auction is great btw -- how much did that wind up going for?

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

I think it was over $100 for the previews.

Ouch.

Well, I hope that brings the buyer years and years of enjoyment...

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

ww.imagecomics.com

I don't understand the obsession with previews. I get first appearances in the series (ie: Michonne in TWD 19), but preview chasing is silly IMHO.

Oh yeah, and speaking of that, I've seen Peter Panzerfaust 7 listed as the first preview for Nowhere Men, but TWD 102 actually ran the preview first and was published a full two months before PP 7. Either way, it's a preview, not an actual extra piece of story or anything like that.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

I don't understand the obsession with previews. I get first appearances in the series (ie: Michonne in TWD 19), but preview chasing is silly IMHO.

Oh yeah, and speaking of that, I've seen Peter Panzerfaust 7 listed as the first preview for Nowhere Men, but TWD 102 actually ran the preview first and was published a full two months before PP 7. Either way, it's a preview, not an actual extra piece of story or anything like that.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

That's flipping awesome b/c I've got like ten of those lol lol lol - let me go blow that up and start listing at $48.88 lol lol lol - people are insane lol

Edited by ItsJustRyan

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

That's flipping awesome b/c I've got like ten of those lol lol lol - let me go blow that up and start listing at $48.88 lol lol lol - people are insane lol

Hahaha awesome...I have the same amount

You should do it.....

491f2d4b_do-it.png

aw man get a load of this guys

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6386732&fpart=1

Thank You E.S for not doing that and actually giving us the signed book for free.

Granted I haven't gotten mine yet.

Kurtis is a young writer trying to make ends meat. E.S. is an established writer, publisher and business co-owner. Not much to "get a load" of.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6386732&fpart=1

Thank You E.S for not doing that and actually giving us the signed book for free.

I think that's great, i'm glad he did it and I hope he does it again. I hope any writer/artist/editor whatever that wants to generate some funds feels free to do just what he did and I hope it has the same result.

Edited by krighton

I think that's great, i'm glad he did it and I hope he does it again. I hope any writer/artist/editor whatever that wants to generate some funds feels free to do just what he did and I hope it has the same result.

+1