• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Sooo..... when's the next issue come out?

Second Wednesday in March.

Trying to make sure all the reprints are in store before #4 hits, so that anyone new to the book is set when that one comes out.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

:facepalm:

I would have made more money staying quiet...

People were offering me $30-$50 to get them a copy before I offered this. Some offering that for multiple copies.

Menace, in my opinion you offering this here on the boards was first class. I understand you worked it out in a way where the CBLDF would get more money per book than if sold at the con, while affording us boardies who can't make it to many of the comic cons the opportunity to own one or more copies. In the end killing two birds with one stone, so to speak, by making more money for the CBLDF and making us on here happy to own some copies of this book.

This should be seen as a win-win situation, so don't mind any negativity or nay saying, since you did this coming from a good place. Are you profiting from this? Sure and in my opinion you should get compensated for the work you're putting in.

Again, I for one am thankful you allowed me the opportunity to get this book in a way where more of my money goes to the CBLDF as opposed to me buying the book from someone on ebay who paid $5 or $10 for it and is then reselling them for $50+ profit with no more money going to the CBLDF.

So, thank you. :grin:

I couldn't agree more.

Problem started with CBLDF not giving a set number of copies that were allowed to be sold......
500 copies are going to the convention, and I think it's really $hitty to create a situation whereby scalpers lay claim to a large percentage of those copies in advance.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Eric -

Can you make it so the CBLDF does what the Image booth does and places a limit on the variant?

I think this would the fairest to everyone.

+1. It's not a perfect situation, but it was never going to be, not with an exclusive limited edition like this. With a $5/$10 price tag, the vast majority of these were going to be flipped even if they were only available at the show. As for Menace wetting his beak on this deal...he's an opportunist. Which pretty much describes everyone here, to one degree or another. I have no doubt there are those here who would have no compunction buying the entire run at face value and flip them for as much as they could, with no additional benefit for the CBLDF. All things considered, this felt like a decent compromise.

Problem started with CBLDF not giving a set number of copies that were allowed to be sold......
500 copies are going to the convention, and I think it's really $hitty to create a situation whereby scalpers lay claim to a large percentage of those copies in advance.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Eric -

Can you make it so the CBLDF does what the Image booth does and places a limit on the variant?

I think this would the fairest to everyone.

that will make it hard for those who are not able to attend to get a copy....

I am new to the cgc boards..Been in comics since 1985..Before Cgc..I think menace did a nice thing. Some of us cannot get to portland, those of us in Tx. I have a disabled child and have a problem getting to cons. I love the title, asked for 1 and got it in time. I don't mind paying a little extra for a title I like and he handled it wonderfully, cut it off at his 200, put everyone after it on a wait list. Was done very well..

I came back to this thread with 63 posts, lot of new blood, and butthurt.

Menace made a connection, offered books for sell with permission, told everyone CBLDF would get a double donation ($10 becomes $20), he would make $10 for trouble, and didn't put a limit on it.

Am I missing something?? If you bought a book(s) you knew all this going in. If you didn't, why it is your business? I know that is harsh, but being real, what someone does on a sales thread (that follows the rules) is between the buyer and seller. 2c

I think this was handled really poorly, and I have let both Menace and the CBLDF know that. It doesn't matter if it's for charity or for profit, making show exclusives available prior to the show is not good form. Many people paying to get into conventions are doing so with the intention of buying things they can only get at the con. 500 copies are going to the convention, and I think it's really $hitty to create a situation whereby scalpers lay claim to a large percentage of those copies in advance.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

i like how everyone just glances over the post from the publisher of this book itself expressing how he thought this whole thing was a terrible idea. kudos to you good sir. good to know me and few others aren't the only ones bothered by this whole mess.

also in response to nexus i think. i'm all for buying multiple copies at a lcs and flipping them. this is a completely different scenario though, so don't try to spin it like that. this would be akin to the shop owner letting 20 of his buddies come in on a tuesday night and stockpiling all the hot releases before he opens the next day, which for all i know probably does happen often, and would be wrong. this book was meant for one reason and now almost half the print run has been allowed to be pre-sold and slipped out the back door for a marked up price. this is just flat out wrong and a disservice to all the people that go to cons for exclusive events like this. bottom line.

Its as simple at this:

If Menace didn't do this, everyone who purchased from him would have ended up lining someone else's pockets for much more and less would go to the cause. Nothing wrong or devious about him selling them.

As for the people at the cons? So a few will miss ONE BOOK. Not too many were planning to go just for this. I have only been able to make it to one con in the last 5 years and will shed no tears for the handful of flippers who won't get their paws on the copies Menace will.

Its as simple at this:

If Menace didn't do this, everyone who purchased from him would have ended up lining someone else's pockets for much more and less would go to the cause. Nothing wrong or devious about him selling them.

As for the people at the cons? So a few will miss ONE BOOK. Not too many were planning to go just for this. I have only been able to make it to one con in the last 5 years and will shed no tears for the handful of flippers who won't get their paws on the copies Menace will.

We're talking about $2,000. That is how much Menace will make from this endeavour.

Hey Mike,

Welcome. I agree, except permission was given by CBLDF. I contacted Eric and let him know that although these books were (1) offered with permission (2) by a willing seller and buyers, that (3) I can see how this is an issue.

I wouldn't be disappointed if they canceled the whole thing. Sorry, Menace. I appreciate you and think you tried to help us boardies out who can't go to a con. It's not worth if its going to be frowned upon by Eric and NWM crew who have been most generous to us boardies.

Edited by ItsJustRyan

I know Menace makes some nice coin but CBLDF will make btween 3k-4k - pretty good

Yeah Im over it now :P

I cant get mad like many of the people who missed it did if Menace doesnt run it..

There are other sources if needed derp

Edited by wushugushu