• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I wonder how many people are looking up jordan tennis shoes on ebay

Well I just bought a pair for $140 from Nike Factory Store and sold it for $375. So I'm sure a few.

you should have just bought one shoe (left or right, doesn't matter) and left the other one for someone else....you people are greedy.

Edited by krighton

I wonder how many people are looking up jordan tennis shoes on ebay

Well I just bought a pair for $140 from Nike Factory Store and sold it for $375. So I'm sure a few.

you should have just bought one shoe (left or right, doesn't matter) and left the other one for someone else....you people are greedy.

lol

I just did a ebay search on Nowhere Men and it is flooded with them. Im surprised of the current value with so many available.

I saw this with ToT. Lot's available, still fetching premiums.

I saw the same thing with Amazing Fantasy 15 in good condition about 6-7 years ago, so decided they were too common and didn't buy one.

oops.

I think comics in general are going from sub-culture to mainstream culture.

I think - generally - more people are coming into comics of late and that is what is driving the market.

Evidence?

When people like me and you walk away and start collecting stamps, or vintage art, or whatever kookie thing you can name.

The fact that comics are being compared to shoes and stamps and there's talk about people walking away to "collect" whatever next pops up on the market as "hot" kind of sums up what I find distasteful here. I know, I know, I'm on a collector's forum but the way the financial rewards of buying comics WAY overshadows any love for the medium at all saddens me.

I'm new here. I found this place when after spending too much at xmas I went to find out if any of my comics were worth anything so I could help my bank balance a little. I've stuck around because it was fascinating to me. But I'm starting to think maybe it isn't for me.

I love comics. So when I hear people rejoicing at low print runs and refusing to buy a book just because it's a mini and therefore unlikely to ever be worth any money... or sometimes even not buying any book that isn't Image, I kind of despair. This is one of the most active comics forums on the internet and for me, it sucks that it is driven by money.

What about when a dealer drops a huge stack of books for SS in front of a creator during a public signing? Is that respectful to creators?

No.

Or the con attendees in line behind them?

No.

You're on the Collectors Society forum and you're surprised that the discussion centers around the financial aspect of collecting comics? CGC exists to commoditize comics. I mean, you just typed that you came here to find out what your comics were worth so you could sell them and pay bills.

Buying, selling, trading and collecting comics is a part of the hobby that isn't going away. It's even encouraged by the publishers and creators. Why would you release an item limited to 500 if it wasn't to make it a 'hot' collectible? There's no other reason.

Most people here love comics and read them regularly. Otherwise, they would buy and sell stocks or flip houses or something.

I just did a ebay search on Nowhere Men and it is flooded with them. Im surprised of the current value with so many available.

It's the "Invisible Hand" at work. The demand is there and many are willing to supply but, a sale will not occur until the buyer makes an offer that the seller is willing to accept. 2c

You're on the Collectors Society forum and you're surprised that the discussion centers around the financial aspect of collecting comics? CGC exists to commoditize comics. I mean, you just typed that you came here to find out what your comics were worth so you could sell them and pay bills.

Buying, selling, trading and collecting comics is a part of the hobby that isn't going away. It's even encouraged by the publishers and creators. Why would you release an item limited to 500 if it wasn't to make it a 'hot' collectible? There's no other reason.

Most people here love comics and read them regularly. Otherwise, they would buy and sell stocks or flip houses or something

This is spot on and I wish collectors/creators/comic store owners/purists would realize this dogma and stop acting like it's a personal thing against them.

Solar, brilliant post ! (thumbs u

It's the "Invisible Hand" at work. The demand is there and many are willing to supply but, a sale will not occur until the buyer makes an offer that the seller is willing to accept. 2c

34239550.jpg

Is that macro or microeconomics?

Without hype and speculation, air Jordan's would be just another pair of shoes, iPhone would be another phone, and comic books would be another magazine struggling to survive on the shelf.

These are the typs of things that makes the news and drive the market. It's a healthy symbiote and will draw more people to conventions and towards collecting. Regardless of who gets the cbldf copies, the secondary market will dictate the next price that people are willing to pay.