• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

Soooooooo anywayyyyy, got my TB today. It's beautiful though there is slight tick at the bottom spine, it's slight but bothers me a bit. There a little bindery split at the top, very minor. All things considered, probably a 9.6 I'm thinking, it won't grade at 9.8, but I'm glad I have one. It will look good with the CBLDF and frankly, a good #1 when I get it. I must post Picts for your opinion.

Then you create your own problems.

As aptly demonstrated in the last 400 posts in this very topic.

No, the problem here was that there was miscommunication between a board member and the CBLDF. Had the Fund simply showed up at WWPDX and sold the books, it never would have been an issue.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Gotta agree here. There was no problem with this variant til the pre-sale thing happened and as far as I'm aware there have been no issues with previous variants?

Some people have an issue with a certain variant. NWM hasn't had one yet. You'll catch on if you stick around and check out the Bedlam thread.

I think some of the Thought Bubbles that made it to stores here in the U.S. were signed. I've seen a few pics. Not sure if this was one of them though.

I don't think that e.s. sent out TB's to boardies.

I believe I was in the first batch of boardies who received signed books from him and my book was a #3. I don't think he sent any TB's, but I could be wrong.

I think some of the Thought Bubbles that made it to stores here in the U.S. were signed. I've seen a few pics. Not sure if this was one of them though.

I have one that I bought from my LCS today (here in the U.S. of A).

Then you create your own problems.

As aptly demonstrated in the last 400 posts in this very topic.

No, the problem here was that there was miscommunication between a board member and the CBLDF. Had the Fund simply showed up at WWPDX and sold the books, it never would have been an issue.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Gotta agree here. There was no problem with this variant til the pre-sale thing happened and as far as I'm aware there have been no issues with previous variants?

Some people have an issue with a certain variant. NWM hasn't had one yet. You'll catch on if you stick around and check out the Bedlam thread.

I'm well aware of the phantom variants. I'm also aware of a select vocal few who don't like variants and take every opportunity to mention it for the billionth time in case someone missed it on say, the millionth time they mentioned it. When I said "problem" I did mean an actual problem and not boardies' personal gripes that no one else cares about.

Almost forgot... :foryou:

You're on the Collectors Society forum and you're surprised that the discussion centers around the financial aspect of collecting comics? CGC exists to commoditize comics. I mean, you just typed that you came here to find out what your comics were worth so you could sell them and pay bills.

Buying, selling, trading and collecting comics is a part of the hobby that isn't going away. It's even encouraged by the publishers and creators. Why would you release an item limited to 500 if it wasn't to make it a 'hot' collectible? There's no other reason.

Most people here love comics and read them regularly. Otherwise, they would buy and sell stocks or flip houses or something.

Not really sure what your point is or if you even have one. Just because something isn't going away doesn't make it ok or mean that I have to feel awesome about it.

I felt so embarrassed in the Todd thread when people were asking Ken what the print run was and then basically rejoicing at how low it was. YUS! YOU'RE MAKING F ALL FROM YOUR COMIC BUT AT LEAST I CAN FLIP IT FOR PROFIT ON EBAY!

How is that in any way decent behaviour?

tumblr_lvdmspdcgL1qmu1jxo1_500_zpsb953164b.jpg

Sorry, my bead art isn't quite as good as yours yet.

:foryou: