• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

you're using the word REPRINT...no one that buys or sells these uses that word....it's a VARIANT. If you want to justify not buying one by considering it a reprint, go ahead. No one else is doing that though.

If its a later printing, thats what it is. I mean, thats the defintion of reprint. How can anyone even argue with that? lol.

Hey, call it what you want, thats fine. I'm not a huge modern guy, and it wouldnt make a difference either way as im not buying many moderns atm. I'm not here to pee in your cheerios folks, im just trying to understand this thought process, I see these as reprints... why do yall feel its not a reprint?

Does anyone have regular conversations anymore? Ive answered some of your questions, why not answer some of mine.

Andy : this guy is not buying @ $100

If you go back 30 pages (or so) I have offered my opinion on variants.

Summary - they: (1) promote books, (2) promote sales, (3) promote readership

Publishers don't care about the secondary market value. This is all to increase readership.

Silver: that's basically it. Hot, like it, buy it, complete the collection. Plus it's rare.

Katchoo: I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. You know you did some hate dropping and I called you out. I said I have no problem with your opinion, but be respectful. Banter is welcome (and I have forgot what the convo was even about lol )

How did you call me out? And I wasn't "hate dropping". My point was it was disrespectful to gloat about small print runs right in front of a creator. I still stand by that. How it's ok to reply to that with a "f you" is mind-boggling. (or telling me to hand in my "man card" and all the other nonsense that was said)

wow, its hot in here! Someone exec summary the 300+ posts i missed.

Also, within the context of all this fervor, has there been any drama regarding Image keeping almost half the ComicsPro as comps to flip themselves?

It's a dangerous game when the people "printing" the money, start getting too in on the action.

I'm not dissing anyone R - just urging less 'solvent' boardies not to put their mortgage money on these.

Im sure you would agree with that?

Also, within the context of all this fervor, has there been any drama regarding Image keeping almost half the ComicsPro as comps to flip themselves?

It's a dangerous game when the people "printing" the money, start getting too in on the action.

too busy ripping each other to shreds.

I'm waiting for Eric to offer them to loyal fans here on the boards :wishluck:

Nail on Head

Posted this twice on here.

Creators are getting wise, causing a secondary surge and selling themselves.

No issue with that - just buyer beware!

Silver: that's basically it. Hot, like it, buy it, complete the collection. Plus it's rare.

Katchoo: I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said. You know you did some hate dropping and I called you out. I said I have no problem with your opinion, but be respectful. Banter is welcome (and I have forgot what the convo was even about lol )

How did you call me out? And I wasn't "hate dropping". My point was it was disrespectful to gloat about small print runs right in front of a creator. I still stand by that. How it's ok to reply to that with a "f you" is mind-boggling. (or telling me to hand in my "man card" and all the other nonsense that was said)

Aparently this is between you and someone else because I never said either of those things or gloated about low print counts (check the thread).

I'm not dissing anyone R - just urging less 'solvent' boardies not to put their mortgage money on these.

I know brother.

As I have said, this boardie is not chasing this variant at current prices. We're good (thumbs u

Alright someone preaching sanity. :applause:

I know, and it's me, right?

Who would have thought. lol

Didn't Kurtis Weibe say the creative team of Peter Panzerfaust received $10,000 from Image as payment and that was split between three of them?

I could be wrong on the figure but I'm pretty sure he suggested they don't make nearly as much as they should for what they provide us, the consumer, the collector.

Keeping that in mind, I think its a great thing that Image creators are realizing the market and selling their books at a great markup!