• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

200 out of 500 .... Gotcha Andy. I remember now.

The way it sounded though was that Image was purposefully printing for secondary markets.

We're clear.

yah, i wasnt making accusations, commenting on posts made here. I was also giving examples taking things to the "ultimate end". Not saying some of those scenarios did or would happen.

Just pointing out, moral hazard is creeping in to some of these situations.

As to the price on NWM raws vs menace thing. It was the canceling of that order, more than anything imo, that is driving these prices. Also, if anything, it will help it sustain these unsustainable prices longer.

If you are desperate for these books, I'd say wait about 3 months. All rare variants dip after their initial surge. Whether it goes on to rise or not after that, is another debate. But no one that posts on these boards, should be buying first on ebay copies of ANYTHING, raw or slab.

prices will come down. Buy the dip :)

I went to a LCS today and they had a bunch of NWM #1 1st print for $25, I told them I wanted to buy a few and by a few I mean like 15 and they wouldnt let me :(

They capped me at 2.

WTF!!!

Well the LCS can do what they like. It's their shop, their rules. They make money off people opening files and starting subscriptions.

You buying all 15 would make them some quick cash but they would rather have 15 people come in and buy it and open a file. Also, it's nice to have copies of titles available to people who are customers at their shop.

If they have a 2x limit rule then they should display it. That would be mine only gripe.

obviously LCS can do what they like, i agree with that.

I just wished they would display their "limit rule"

Thought bubble is the convention variant, the blue one is the RRP. People are already paying more for a RRP then the thought bubble

Thought bubble was released before the #1 1st print and the comicspro was the 5th #1 released and released after the #1 TB Variant, #1 1st print, , #1 2nd print, #2 1st print, #2 2nd print and #3 1st print.

I saw 4 copies of the TB at my LCS the same day that the regular #1 1st came out so was it really released a bit earlier?

Foolishly, I passed on them as the preview in NWM #102 kind of sucked and I liked the regular cover better. :tonofbricks:doh!

The Travelling Man comic shop had TB variants still for sale (for cover price) when people were paying $lol for them on ebay.

Setting limits obviously didn't work. Too bad for menace :(

yeah, so instead of paying $30 a pop i'm paying upwards of $125 a pop...oh well, i'm sure it made sense in the grand scheme of things. I know why it was done, doesn't mean it's any less painful.

I just think the final outcome was lame. Instead of menace making 2k for charity and 2k for himself, this guy sold 20 copies on ebay for about a 2k profit and none to charity

this guy would have his money either way. All the people that didnt get in on the Menace order would have driven it higher probably.

People who want to donate to CBDLF should do it direct. You just cant sell con-exclusives, as public pre-orders. If I owned that convention I'd literally SUE people who tried it. It undermines the Con, Image, the CBDLF, everyone.

Obviously Menace didnt mean it to be any of those things, but thats what it became. What REALLY should happen, is that CBDLF should raise their prices on books in strong demand. Then 100% would be going to charity.

I was holding my breath hoping I could get one before the cost became asinine. Now I just want to watch it hit $300 before the night is out. I will likely just never get one. NWM is just not meant to be for me. *cries*

are you in a hurry? can you not own one in 2015?

I suppose I could. Suppose it depends on what happens to the cost over the next 24 months. All I was saying was im not willing to pay the stupid asking price people are getting - and despite multiple attempts not getting a single decent copy of #1.

You seem to be getting really upset about this thread. It's a hobby for me. When it stops being fun, I will move on.

You seem to be getting really upset about this thread. It's a hobby for me. When it stops being fun, I will move on.

No, not upset at all. just like you, this is a hobby for me. im proud to say that ive been able to get all the rack issued issues for less then cover price so far, and for this book, that's good enough for me :)