• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nowhere Men
2 2

6,687 posts in this topic

I don't say this to be contentious but where does it stop?

There were a lot of people who bought the TB variant thinking that was going to be the low print run variant for #1. But now we have a #1 Variant printed with lower numbers AFTER the fact. Nowhere Men is between issue number #3 and #4 and variants for number 1 are still popping up and they are not being called second printings?

I don't think this would be as big of a problem if it had been released when #1 originally came out, but to keep releasing #1 variants long after it was first released seems silly.

The way I see it, it's only a problem for the people who want to make it a problem. Nobody's forcing you to buy these variants. If you're not interested in them, they should be just as irrelevant to you as the 52 state flag variants for JLA #1 are to me.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

:applause:

The way I see it, it's only a problem for the people who want to make it a problem. Nobody's forcing you to buy these variants. If you're not interested in them, they should be just as irrelevant to you as the 52 state flag variants for JLA #1 are to me.

I agree this thread needs to be about the story again.

But the JLA comparrison is not accurate because they were all released together. Now if DC came along and printed a special flag variant that wasn't a part of the initial release 3 months later and only released it at a con or dealer meeting then that would be the same.

No .

-e.s

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

Hey Eric, I really like your comic, and appreciate the signed copy you'd sent me. I read it on the train home the other night, and might have bent the spine and a few pages in the process. :o

Can't wait to see what happens next. Keep up the good work!

There were a lot of people who bought the TB variant thinking that was going to be the low print run variant for #1. But now we have a #1 Variant printed with lower numbers AFTER the fact. Nowhere Men is between issue number #3 and #4 and variants for number 1 are still popping up and they are not being called second printings?

I don't think this would be as big of a problem if it had been released when #1 originally came out, but to keep releasing #1 variants long after it was first released seems silly.

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

:signfunny:

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

www.imagecomics.com

+1

The creators aren't the ones trying to rape you on these books. Thought Bubble, ComicsPro, CBLDF...each and every one of them were initially offered for $10 or less...or even FOR FREE. It is the secondary market that is charging insane prices. It is your CHOICE to pay or not to pay.

While I would like to own these books, I have no interest in buying them at current prices...and if I can't find a more affordable option, I am content not to own them.

I don't know why so many people feel like they are being FORCED to pay top dollar on the secondary market. Too many people seem to let their collections define them, rather than the other way around.

And...+1000000 on the JLA state flag variants. Lamest. Idea. EVER.

he addressed this concept a long time ago. They produce comicbooks for the primary market, not for other people to resell. The goal is to increase exposure and readership.

I agree this thread needs to be about the story again.

But the JLA comparrison is not accurate because they were all released together. Now if DC came along and printed a special flag variant that wasn't a part of the initial release 3 months later and only released it at a con or dealer meeting then that would be the same.

Seriously who makes these rules? Realistically the publisher could print a gazillion variant covers and space release as far apart as they want and still not call it a reprint.

My take on the current asking price for the variants is that it has people talking about the title and people who haven't read it will pick it up (tpb or 2nd prints) to see what the fuss is about.

I'll tell you I bought four orange covers and have already sold three. Keeping number four for me. True I have a comicspro listed on eBay right now for $400 but I'm 1000% happy keeping it if it doesn't sell. I have auto decline enabled for any offers I wouldn't even entertain. Personally if the comicspro going price drops to $50 I'll still be happy keeping it even though I paid more than $50. The blue cover is cool as Hell.

Lastly I still want to say love the series and interested if there would ever be a cover to cover variant. Same story, same blocking, guest artist...that to me is the ultimate variant.

If the cover artists for WD 100 had done the interiors as well...that'd been awesome!

-e.s.

Eric Stephenson

Publisher

Image Comics, Inc.

E.S. dropping some knowledge on a Monday afternoon. :applause:

www.imagecomics.com